Hog PC-3 Question

Okay before you smack let me just say I'm a crack head:confused:
I have version 1.4.0(b1112)Don't say anything! on a gateway p-4
2.8ghz with 1k of ram running xp pro sp-2.Its not connected to any
network or the internet.I have not upgraded to any current version
because of having to deal with that loop back thinny.Can any body tell
that I am crazy or just over protective?

What I am wondering is ,does the current build help with the program just going away from the computer?
It still outputs dmx but the program just closes.Also I was trying to add a cue to a list in the middle and called it 9.5 and it said I could not add a cue # less than the last #.In Hog 2 it was easy.Am I missing something?
I read the manual and did not find a clear answer.I am not sure what
version of the manual I have ,Its probably about 1 year old.Have they updated it lately? Sorry for so many rookie questions but you know when
you have just enough time to make it happen and anything out of the norm would be just asking for someone to come up and ask,WHAT WAS THAT???

Dumb looks are still free:)

So if any one can help I would be greatfull,And if you tell me I need to spend more time learning the software I will agree:o
  • [quote=Kenny Brutcher]I have not upgraded to any current version
    because of having to deal with that loop back thinny.

Not sure what you mean here...the current version will work just fine with the MS Loopback Adapter. You should upgrade.

[quote=Kenny Brutcher]What I am wondering is ,does the current build help with the program just going away from the computer?

Does this mean you are seeing the program close itself in the middle of running? If so I would check to make sure ALL other apps are disabled. Check your System Tray and close out everything. Also look under processes to be sure there are no other apps running you don't need (iTunes and AOL are notorious for this amongst others)...you may not have enough physical resources to keep the program running with other apps in the background.

[quote=Kenny Brutcher]Also I was trying to add a cue to a list in the middle and called it 9.5 and it said I could not add a cue # less than the last #.

What method were you using to do this? I am sitting in front of my H3PC right now and I can insert a new cue in between others no problem with:

Select Master (Choose), RECORD, CUE #.#, ENTER

Are you trying to re-number an existing cue with a value that would change it's position in the list? If so the program will block you from doing this b/c of tracking issues. In essence, saving you from yourself.
  • Hi Kenny,
    I'm not going to reply to your actual question/post but make a suggestion and have a look at how other people post and ask questions,
    Hope this does not come across the wrong way,
    forums.highend.com/announcement.php?f=1

A typical bug report should appear as follows:

Thread Title:
    “(xxx)Bug Report: yyy” where xxx is the software build number and yyy is a brief description of the bug.

Post body--
    Name:
    Date:
    Software Version and build number:
    Number of displays:
    Connected USB Devices:
    Networked Devices:
    Detailed description of the problem including instructions to reproduce (if possible) and exact syntax used:
    List any errors reported by the software:

We prefer that you attach or email a show file and instructions for repeating a problem whenever possible.

For Hog 3PC Please also include the following additional information:

Operating System:
    Computer Specs:
    Number of displays:
    Other running applications:

Please also refer to the following document for details on obtaining dump logs:
    Best C
  • Marty,I was building a cue by using live+touch then recording it in the list and then I tried to change the cue #.you are right it is a tracking desk,I told you I was a crack head! As for the other stuff running nothing is on the computer except the operating system,Had to put a new hard drive in
    and used that to clean it up completely.But yes it just closes and its gone. I try to open it again and it says there is a copy already running.
    But its still outputting dmx.I am going to upgrade this week and get the loopback adaptor installed.I am not the brightest bulb in the pack but I try.
  • cormacjack, Thanks for keeping me on track,I need that any and all help
    is taken as it should.
Related