- Palette

stephlightstephlight Registered User, Hog Beta
As we can use - and wheel, it could be really interesting and useful to use - and palette and to be able to record - pallette in a cue.

Comments

• srautanesrautane Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited September 2007
    Sounds interesting, why not? I could use it.
  • ahelgorahelgor Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited September 2007
    maybe i'm misundertanding what you wan't to do here, but in't that what record remove does?
  • stephlightstephlight Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited September 2007
    absolutely not, remove take out values from cue, - palette would give you opposite value that is in palette.

For example If you have a position palette with pan = 62°, -palette would give -62°.
  • ahelgorahelgor Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited September 2007
    oh, sorry, i read your post wrong, for some reason i thought you meant backspace + encoder..
  • eboxereboxer Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited September 2007
    That would be cool . . .almost like a flip for a pallete . . .
  • deegsterdeegster Registered User
    edited December 2007
    I wonder if you could also use that with a group palette, that would select "all other fixtures" not recorded in that palette
  • stephlightstephlight Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited December 2007
    As group are not (yet?) recorded in cue, it would not be the same.
    - pallette is recorded in a cue, so when values in palettes are modified the - palette would also be modified.
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited December 2007
    deegster said:
    I wonder if you could also use that with a group palette, that would select "all other fixtures" not recorded in that palette

Isn't this what SELECT then INVERT already does?
  • deegsterdeegster Registered User
    edited December 2007
    probaly. . . . . very . . . . .probaly. ;o)
    edited December 2007
    Marty Postma said:
    Isn't this what SELECT then INVERT already does?
    Select Invert is only for those already in programmer.

I think - Group would select ALL other fixtures. I'm not sure how usefull this would be. Maybe it could be useful if it would select all other by type. Though making a group containing one fixture per type would select all other fixtures except fixtures in group.

and still I would like too see - color putting the fixture to opposite color in HS picker.
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited December 2007
    srautane said:
    Select Invert is only for those already in programmer.

Correct...I guess that is not what was being asked for then....

If you really need to do this try a RemDim function and then Knockout the intensities.
    edited December 2007
    Yep...but I think you know it's not the same... Remdim doesn't select fixture already in 0% and doesn't work in blind.
    But like I said this isn't very important. Though, I like the idea that a feature invented should be taken to max and there should be more ways to intuitively use - key.