Gobo Rotate Speed Control

Hi All,

In your opinion, what is the best way/ is it possible to control the rate of spin with a fader?

Today I did what I thought would work, but it didnt:
Load only the rotate into a cue, and set that fader to IFCB.

What I got was a gobo that would rotate itself with my fader move up until about 70%, where then it would go into a automatic rotation at full speed.

any suggestions?

Thanks,
  • It depends on the gobo rotation speed of the fixture.
    Different fixture have different gobo rotation speed channel.

So are you trying to avoid reaching 70% of the fader for the full speed rotation?

This depends on what is recorded in the Fader, I asume you record the rotation speed by 100% into the Fader. I'm not really sure, maybe the channel goes extreme fast starting from 70% - 100% for gobo rotation.

If you think that is too fast, just load the cue into the programmer, edit the speed to a level of max speed, maybe 60% looks fine, up to you.

So the 100% of the Fader will only reach 60% of gobo rotation speed.
    It might be more smoother when you use the IFCB.

The value that you recorded into the cue, will be the max value when you use IFCB. Well, maybe 70%-100% is too fast that you won't be needing it at all. So using 60% as the max speed would do.

Sorry if I mistaken your meaning
    'my bad english again:684: '
  • [quote=justinpma]It depends on the gobo rotation speed of the fixture.
    Different fixture have different gobo rotation speed channel.

So are you trying to avoid reaching 70% of the fader for the full speed rotation?

This depends on what is recorded in the Fader, I asume you record the rotation speed by 100% into the Fader. I'm not really sure, maybe the channel goes extreme fast starting from 70% - 100% for gobo rotation.

If you think that is too fast, just load the cue into the programmer, edit the speed to a level of max speed, maybe 60% looks fine, up to you.

So the 100% of the Fader will only reach 60% of gobo rotation speed.
    It might be more smoother when you use the IFCB.

The value that you recorded into the cue, will be the max value when you use IFCB. Well, maybe 70%-100% is too fast that you won't be needing it at all. So using 60% as the max speed would do.

Sorry if I mistaken your meaning
    'my bad english again:684: '

Almost - It doesn't even rotate on its own until I hit around 70, and that's what is confusing me. 1-60% seem to rotate it manually. Let me see if I can explain this better...

Imagine the gobo is two horizontal lines when the fader is at 0%. as I slide the fader up, it changes the orientation of the gobo... so say when I'm at 25%, the horizontal lines have become diagonal lines...

But when I hit somewhere around 70, the rotator takes over and it goes into a spin.

I'd like to be able to control it so that it got faster as I faded... for instance: when it's at 10%, it's spinning very slowly... but when at 100%, it is spinning at full speed.

Any suggestions?
  • so that looks like 1- 69% is the indexing gobo.

does 70-100% is entirely fast rotate?

May i know what fixture are you using?

have you set the gobo attribute into rotating state?
    because like for mac2k -
    A)gobo attribute = gobo1( the rotate will only index)
    B)gobo attributes = gobo1>>(the rotate will spin)

it depend on what type of fixture, maybe you can check the manual for the channel parameter list
    manual of the fixture
Related