question about scenes (newbie)

Hello all...I am new to lighting and programming. I work at a church here in Dallas and we have been working with a Hog IPC running Hog3 with 30 Desk Channels and 5 Martin Entours. i have set up various scenes for our worship services on the Scene Directory. My question is this.

Is there a way to go from scene to scene a little smoother? In other words, have one scene fade out as I fire the next one. Now I know cues can do this but I think scenes are the best for us. My main concern is the Entours. They just tend to be a little distracting when they change colors or changes gobos or move to a new position (even when I have them pan/tilt at slow speeds). My main concern is to get the I gobos and/or colors to change slower or fade out, get in position and then open up. :notworthy:

Can anyone help?

chris
  • Hi Chris,

From what you want to achieve it sounds like you ought to give recording cues a try when you have the time to play around. But if not, there are a couple things you can try. I'm sure you will get some great ideas from others as well, but here is some to get you warmed up...

1) You can move Scenes from the Scene Directory to the Playback Faders. Scene>1>Move>Choose the desired Master. An advantage to doing this is, you can manually fade out the intensities of the lights and play your next Scene and have them 'move in black' then fade up the next fader.:)

2) When crating Scenes with for the Macs, you could give the Intensity a delay time. This would allow for the the position, color, aand beam parameters to goto thier position and then fade up.

Hope this helps, And feel free to let me know if there is anything we can help with. Godd luck!

Thanks,
    p
  • Hey thanks...these do help....especially #2....I think that may work the best. i will let you know how it turns out. I appreciate the help....I am just an audio guy trying to learn his way around a Hog!! :rolleyes:
Related