3rd monitor "physical position"

DrEadDrEad Registered User
edited September 2007 in Wholehog Lighting Control
Hi,
Recently I have added a playback wing and a 3rd monitor to one of our iPC's. The monitor (not touch screen) needs to go on the left of the 2 touch screens and i cannot permanently configure the system so the cursor goes from left to right across the 3 screens, ie the cursor travels center > left > right.
I can configure it to be "correct'', however it involves a very "wrong" workaround involving unpatching before starting the console, detecting and calibrating touchscreens, and hot re-patching when the system is running to make it happen...

Is there a correct way to do this that will work on startup?!

Thanks, Craig :friday:

A note... Under V2.1.0 b1618 the screens retained the correct position after I had configured it, by patching and hot repatching. V2.2.0 b1775 it will not keep the configuration.

Comments

• edited August 2007
    Hi Craig,

Currently by default, adding the 3rd monitor to the Hog iPC will always be on the right side of the console. This is similar to how the Wholehog 3 Console handles the layout of external monitors. Spec. Bug #6060 - Monitor layout configuration manager has been logged for this issue.

Thanks,:headbang:
    p
  • DrEadDrEad Registered User
    edited August 2007
    Hi,
    An interesting update for this thread...
    Today I turned on the system and the cursor is tracking from left to right across the 3 screens in the correct visual order! This is with the 3rd monitor on left of 2 touchscreens.
    The 3rd screen is not 'enabled' in the configuration manager but is working correctly...

This all appears to be different from what we were used to with v2.1.0 b1618.

I wish I had time to investigate a bit more thoroughly for you!!

Regards,
    Craig
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited August 2007
    Craig,

if your thrid monitor is on, but not "enabled" then windows has extended your desktop of the first monitor onto the third monitor. This is a known bug as your third monitor is really setup incorrect.

Out of curiosity are you using a VGA monitor with adapter or a true DVI monitor?
  • DrEadDrEad Registered User
    edited August 2007
    Hi Brad,
    The monitor is VGA connected via an adaptor to the dvi output.

Regards,
    Craig
  • PimmerPacKPimmerPacK Registered User
    edited August 2007
    I ran into this same issue yesterday on my iPC. The monitor appears to be on the left, I could move the cursor over the screen and drag the playback-bar to the screen, but was not able of putting other screens on it like Output or Programmer.
    Disconnect the screen, restart the console & reconnect when when the Configuration Panel appears seems to be the only solution to enable the screen and set resolution. Now it is on the right again, as always!

I am also using a VGA-screen.

Gr.
    Pim
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited August 2007
    Please let us know if the problem continues or if once you set it correctly it persists the correct setting.

thanks,
  • PimmerPacKPimmerPacK Registered User
    edited September 2007
    The problem continues... After switching off and on the console, the 3rd screen is not enabled and appears to be on the left.

Gr.
    Pim