Virtual Dimmer for LED

I want the library with a virtual dimmer when LED is used.
I believe that RGB, HSI, and CMY can be used more freely if it achieves it.

Thank,
Akito
  • Akito,

For some reason I was thining that the 'Generic RGB LED' already did this.

Am I mistaken?

Regards,

Phil
  • Phil,
    My writing was wrong. Sorry.

My answer is as follows.
    Yes,
    It is possible in some respects by 'Generic RGB LED'.
    But,
    I want use Virtual Dimmer with RGB color.

Thanks,
    Akito
  • So, when I patch an LED fixture (3-channel Red, Green, and Blue) as 'RGB LED', I am able to control the intensity of the fixture as if it had a real intensity channel. I can mix the color using HSI or CMY and still control the intensity output using just the intensity parameter.

This seems like it is a 'virtual dimmer'.

I apologize if I am not understanding you completely.

Can you give me an example of how you would use a 'virtual dimmer'?

Regards,

Phil
  • Phil,

Thank you for the reply.

I want to solve the problem that occurs as follows.

I want make Rainbow Rainbow Effect with RGB color with Intensity Effect.

In Rainbow Effect made with HSI or CMY as you also know and Rainbow Effect made by RGB, the effect is different.

When the color of made Rainbow Effect is adjusted, the selection of those modes becomes more important.

Therefore, when the color is made by RGB as well as HSI and CMY, I want to adjust the intensity besides the color.

Thanks,
    Akito
  • Ahhhhhh.

Now I believe I understand.

When you use CMY or HSI (with or without an effect), you are able to 'dim' the fixtures using the 'virtual' intensity parameter.

However, when you are color mixing using RGB, the RGB parameters are defined as intensity parameters, and over-ride the 'virtual' intensity parameter for the entire fixture.

You're unable to dim the fixture(s) as a whole when applying an effect to the RGB channels, because that would essentially knock out your RGB effect.

Am I getting this right so far?

If that is the case, I believe we run into some troubles here.

--

The color abstraction layer in the WH3 allows you to use CMY or HSI interchangeably on most color-mixing fixtures. However, an RGB method is not built in to this model right now. (I believe there is a feature request for that somewhere. Can someone verify this?)

Ideally, a set of RGB parameters would be added to the Color wheel-set. These would need to be dependent on the main intensity channel, unlike the current RGB intensity channels, which over-ride other parameters.

Can someone in the control department comment on the feasability of this? From previous discussions on the color model, I think there may be something that makes this not-so-easy, but I can't pinpoint it right now.

--

Akito,

Please let me know if this looks correct or if I can clarify anything in my (long-winded) message.

Sincerely,

Phil Gilbert
  • Phil,

I believe that the thing that you believe is correct.

Your (Clear) message is completely corresponding to the thing that I think about.

Yes,"we use CMY or HSI (with or without an effect), you are able to 'dim' the fixtures using the 'virtual' intensity parameter."

"However, when we are color mixing using RGB, the RGB parameters are defined as intensity parameters, and over-ride the 'virtual' intensity parameter for the entire fixture."

"If that is the case, I believe we run into some troubles here."

So,
    To solve this troubles, I need new Fixture.

I believe this function to be mounted some time though I do not think that it is easy.

Phil,

Express gratitude to you who understands my long-winded English.

Thank you sooooo much.

Akito Hara
Related