Copying and pasting names

joeshepardjoeshepard Registered User
edited August 2007 in Wholehog Lighting Control
In the GROUPS palette I'm creating a bunch of groups that start with the same text i.e "Martin 500". I'd like to be able to copy this text so I only have to enter the last part of the text like "#1" ,"#2" etc. The right button on the mouse doesn't work. I'm sure I'm missing something really obvious.

Thanks!

Joe

Comments

• bellonsbellons Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited August 2007
    hi Joe!
    it's something you can do if you have a keyboard connected to your hog. Select the group you want to copy the name from. Once selected Push [Set]. the whole name is highlighted in blue. Now simply use the shortcut CTRL C on your keyboard. Record the new group and push [set] to name it. CTRL V is the shortcut to paste what you copied before in the new group you have just recorded.
    I'm not quite sure if this work with the hog III, but I'm quite sure it perfectly works with both hog3pc and HogIpc.
    Hope this helps.
    Marco:hogsign:
  • joeshepardjoeshepard Registered User
    edited August 2007
    I tried the mouse but not the keyboard. Doh!

Thanks!

Joe
  • cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited August 2007
    Hey Marco thanks for helping Joe out. I can confirm that Control + C and Control + P on an external keyboard work as copy and paste on both the Console and the PC products. We currently have a number of bugs and enhancements logged to improve copying and pasting data/text on the Console without the need of an external keyboard. Step one, as you discussed, should probably be fixing the right click menus on the Console and the PC platforms so that they function correctly when copying text and data. Thanks for the feedback.

-Chris Muenchow