HOG2PC INSTALL PROBLEM

Chris NewmanChris Newman Registered User
Installing HOG2PC onto laptop and the installation comes up with an error message every time....." The installer was interrupted before Hog2PC 3.4.3 124 could be installed.Restart installer & try again"
However, HOG2PC icon appears and program appears to run OK. Get same message if I retry a repair.
I am now unable to connect Hog2PC to WYSIWYG on the computer & wondering if some of those recognition files are failing to load.
I'm using Hog2PC because I'm also using iPC in Hog2 mode..
Thanks

Comments

• edited August 2007
    Hi Chris,

The final release version of Hog 2PC is 3.4.3.123. I would try un-installing the software from the Add/Remove programs in Windows. Then try a fresh download. You can download a copy from www.flyingpig.com Hog 2PC can be found under our Legacy Products.

http://www.highend.com/support/downloads/dl/Hog2PC_3-4-3-123.zip

What Windows platform are you using?

Hope this helps.
    Thanks,
    p
  • Chris NewmanChris Newman Registered User
    edited August 2007
    Thanks Paul,

Typo on my part ...it is V 3.4.3 123 and I have tried the uninstall & re-install a couple of times with different file versions..same result each time

I'm using Windows XP Pro: Serv Pak 2
  • edited August 2007
    Hi Chris,

Its odd that you are getting this error, the software has not changed in some time now, as it is considered to be completed software with no new developement. I wonder, with multiple attempts to install and uninstall the program, perhaps a registry file or two may been corrupted in the process. Maybe this will work:

1) Uninstall the Program via Add/Remove Programs.
    2) After uninstalling, this time go into the Registry Editor and deleting the registry folder for Hog PC. Start; Run; regedit
    This folder should be loacated in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE / Flying Pig Systems/HogPC.
    3) Right Click on the HogPC and Delete.
    4) Then try re-installing.

Hope this helps,:headbang:
    Thanks,
    p
    edited August 2007
    Thanks Paul

Tried your regedit fix and downloaded another version of the install file just in case.....

Same install problem again.

I am beginning to think it may be a gremlin in my computer.

Chris
  • quinnquinn Registered User
    edited August 2007
    trouble during installation, ay?

kicking it until it works is great, but let's see if we can't figure out what the trouble is.

the plan: uninstall, clean up any leftover files, and re-install, but this time have the installer log its progress.

to generate a log:
    [LIST=1]
    [*]copy the installer to your desktop
    [*]open a command prompt (Start > All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt) and type in the following commands, pressing Enter after each.
    [*]browse to your desktop with
    cd Desktop

[*]then start the install with
    msiexec/i Hog2PC_3-4-3-123.msi /l*xv .\hoglog.txt

[*]interact with the installer, making choices and clicking OK/Next as necessary.[/LIST]after the installer has died and exited, you should have a shiny new file on your desktop, filled with helpful hints.

it's looooooong, and i recommend reading from the bottom up. or posting it.
    edited August 2007
    Hi Quinn

Happy to try this but are you sure about the syntax in the second code line...maybe I'm mistyping
    I get a Windows Installer window with syntax options and command line jumps straight back to .......\desktop
    edited August 2007
    Hi again Quinn
    Apologise profoundly...I copied the second string into word pad & changed font to make sure what I was seeing was correct......discovered i had been entering 1*xv instead of l*xv.
    It has now installed and created attached log file

Thanks
    Chris
    edited August 2007
    Sorry all
    Appears the txt file is 291kB which looks too big to attach according to forum setup.
    How can I get this file to someone who'll know??
    Regards
    Chris
    edited August 2007
    OK, think I've got it now...converted to pdf
    And attached here
    Regards
    Chris
    edited August 2007
    looks like attaching a .zip archive containing the log will work.
    edited August 2007
    of course, a .pdf will work, too.

well, you're absolutely right in thinking the installer is exiting before WYSIWYG components are installed.

in fact, it's dying *right* before WYSIWYG.

there's a problem installing the visualizer connectivity software for Martin Show Designer.

sorry, the logs aren't more specific, but they indicate you have MSD installed, and that there's a problem copying HogPC.dll to the C:\Program Files\Martin
    Professional\MSD4\System\ folder.

so, try uninstalling MSD/deleting all MSD folders/rebooting/installing 2PC, and lemme know how that works.
    edited August 2007
    Quinn..I love your work
    I had removed MSD a long time ago but there were still some entries in the registry which i just got rid of and completed a full install NO ERRORS.
    Thank you both for your help
    Regards
    Chris
    edited August 2007
    sweet. welcome to the high end forums.
  • KhaowKhaow Registered User
    edited June 2010
    Hi Quinn
    I running in the same Problem as the older post .I couldn't install Hoc2PC to my Laptop.I' using Windows 7 right now. and I did exacly as you told the older post .I 'm also attach the "hog log" as a .pdf file to this post .Please help me find the solution to this problem. thank you in advance.
    edited July 2010
    the easiest way to get around the WYSIWYG plugin problem is:[LIST=1]
    [*]Uninstall (Remove) Hog2PC

[*]Set Hog2PC_3-4-3-123.msi to run in Compatibility mode

[*]Install Hog2PC

[/LIST]
    edited July 2010
    Thank you very very much Quinn!!Successfully installed it.and work smoothly with Wysiwyg.You are Awesome.one question How do you know Thai??
    edited July 2010
    i built a thai computer only to be certain that you and i were solving the same problem.

thank you for having your "hog log" ready in advance, that was very very helpful.

long live Wholehog 2!
    edited July 2010
    Ohhh that 's very kind attitude . Thank you once again for your help. Hope to to talk to you in further problem.Best Regard.
    :):hogsign: