Effect running direction

Hi,

Have I missed something, but I have tried to find a way to change the direction of a simple intensity chase created with effects generator?

I have 10 movers on the left side of the stage and 10 on the right side. I want to make an intensity chase which is running from the back of the stage towards the audience in paraller but I can't do it with the effect generator. Instead I have to make a cuelist and run it as a chase.

With some other consoles the effects are running in same order where the fixtures are chosen.

So in that case if I choose 1 through 10, then set the rate, size, offset with fan etc and next choose 20 through 11 and type the same values, I should have this effect built up quickly.
  • I think you did not get my point. If I want to make an intensity chase with effects generator, ie single cue, I can make it work only to one direction.

Imagine that you have 10 par cans, moles or what ever in a row and you want to make a chase which is running from one side to other. The desk channels are 1 to 10 (left to right). First you will choose the channels, then open effects generator, put a sine wawe to intensity and play with rate, size, offset and leght to make the look what you want. When you have a nice look running from left to right, how you can reverse the direction to have the same effect running from right to left?

Cannot do it with offset or fan, you can only have something which looks running from right to left but it looks very random.

What I´m after is that the effect could run in that order, where the fixtures are chosen. Like if you choose 1 through 10 the effect runs from left to right and if you choose 10 through 1 it runs right to left?

This is also useful, if you have several fixture types on stage and you want to make a wawe effect (=tilt+fan) with different fixtures...

Other good way to reverse the direction of an intensity chase would be just to give negative value to cycle length?
  • Hear is the way to go:

Select your fixtures 1 THRU 10 Enter
    Press FAN and hold the Button Select START or END from the Toolbar which appears when you hold fan. No hold down the fan button and turn the offset wheel. When you have selected START the effect runs from left to right, when you have selected END it should run from right to left.

Hope this is what you want?

Best regards Roman
  • Thanks,

This was the solution. Also with center fan I can do the effect I wanted lot faster!

Thus this does not solve the other problem I described, though I like the effects generator of a Hog lot more than Compulite Vector but Vector has one advantage over the Hog and its the way how the fixtures are selected. The effect will run in the same order where the fixtures are chosen...
  • You can also change the direction simply by copying the fixtures to themselves in reverse order (watch your masking here though as you might copy fixture specific information you do not want).

1 thru 6 copy 6 thru 1 will reverse the direction of a fanned offset for example.
Related