edited July 2007 in v2.1.0
stuart sinclair
15/7/2007
Wholehog v2.2.0 (1738) (Roadhog)
Nil external connected displays
usb Memory stick connected to top usb port
no networked devices

no error report by desk

when runing a cuelist and then adding another cuelist most of the time i find the conventional lighting will dim slighlty for a second and then restore to the value it should be. very annoying as it causes the artist to nearly go black for a second. i run my show with HTP and go on fader. as well as reset on release. if required i can forward the show file for you to have a look at. i find this bug quite urgent as im running the show as i it is leaving my artist in the dark

Comments

• Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited July 2007
    When you say you are "adding" another cuelist, do you mean to say that you are triggering a second cuelist (B) and your conventionals are dimming slightly on the first one (A)?

Sounds like you might have a "stomping" issue. If you have your conventionals recorded into both lists, then when you fire list "B" the values from "A" are dropped, and the "new" values for "B" are faded in their assigned time.

2 possible solutions for this.
    1 - remove the conventionals from one list.
    2 - assign list "B" to a higher priority value, and then assign "Persist on Override" for list "A" so that when you release list "B" the values form "A" come back rather than be lost altogether.

Hope this helps.:)
  • stue austue au Registered User
    edited July 2007
    ill give that a shot. although that wasnt an issue in hog 2 software and has only come to light in running the show with the hog 3
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited July 2007
    Stuart,

Can you please upload a show file at http://upload.highend.com to my attention. This way we can best look at your show and understand how you have it setup.

Also can you please clarify what you mean by adding another cuelist? Exact keystrokes would be helpful.

thanks,
    edited July 2007
    ill have a look and find a key sequence for you. i have uploaded the show file. take a quick look in the meantime basicaly when playing back the show if i start some cuelists like chasses etc... while a cuelist is already playing then i sometimes (it dosnt happen everytime) have the result of the house rig dimming then restore when the new cuelist is played. this happens even though fixtures in the old cue arnt even in the new cuelist. i should be able to use multiple cuelists at the same time.
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited July 2007
    Thanks Stuart.

I have received the show file and we will take a look at this problem.
  • cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff, Hog Beta
    edited July 2007
    Hi Stuart,

Are you talking about something like this?

Load your show file
    Pull all faders down
    Page 8 (digital)
    Play cuelist 1 on master 9 (L154 Wash) and push fader to full
    Push the fader on master 5 up and down to advance cues
    At some point watch desk channels 4 and 52 go to zero and fade back up.
    edited July 2007
    yes that would be it. it happens on a few of the pages. page 4 (wringer) for example. if you run cuelist master 2. then run the chase on cuelist master 3 it did it there last night. i should have an example during a show on video that i could upload if needed
    edited July 2007
    Hey Stuart,

I wasn't able to get it to happen on page 4 like you said. I only see the chasing desk channels that are programmed into the chase being effected. Do you see the other desk channels dim?

I think a video or a detailed description of which list is causing which desk channels to dim would be helpful. From what I can tell, my repro only works because the second list is stomping the first.

-Chris
    edited July 2007
    Hey chris,

i just sent you a video example. it dosnt happen everytime its intermitant. and it dosnt always happen in the same spot. in the eample video sent im on page 9 (floating table) i have master 1,2,3 and 9 up with master 2 playing cue 2 (the rest are single scenes) when i advance master 2 to cue 3 is when the dimming problem occured in this instance. as you can see in the video the L154 wash drops then comes back. i have also noticed a strange pan/tilt reset happen on the robe 575 spots sometimes happens when i change cues and at other times when nothing is happening i checked the dmx value for reset on the same cue at the fixture and all was good not sure if there is now and again a strange value on that dmx value being sent sometimes. i hope this helps
    edited July 2007
    Thanks for the video Stuart.

Based on your example and the one I gave I think this is a stomping issue like Marty mentioned.

Looking at page 9.
    Cue 1.5 on master 2 has a value of 0% for desk channels 4, 52, and 57.
    These values track through to the entire list which means that when you play master 2 the values from that list will stomp the desk channels which are the basis of the L154 wash.
    If you open cue 1.5 in list 23 (float look) this problem should go away. That would confirm this stomping theory. Let me know.

-Chris Muenchow
    edited July 2007
    ill have a look and let you know