Wysiwyg and Hog3 connectivity

hyperionhyperion Registered User
I want to connect my Wysiwyg workstation with a HogIII console. I installed the Visualizer Connectivity software, everything was fine. But I still don't have a visible fixture output in the Wyg. The Connectivity software says "Status: Running", the Wysiwyg Device Manager says "Status: Connected", and the Network overview of the Hog also says "Status: Running". The only thing I was wondering is why the Network overview says NO in the USED line!? Did it on my laptop as well, same thing... Any ideas?

Yes, the Grand Master is up and the console is not in Blind Mode...

Thanks for your help!

Jens

Comments

• GianGian Registered User
    edited July 2007
    At the Wysiwyg, where you have the BIND options, the Console Lines in Wysiwyg, you need to put a address, like 1. May that is one option...
  • hyperionhyperion Registered User
    edited July 2007
    No, I checked this before already.
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited July 2007
    Jens,

What version WYG are you running? What version of the connectivity application and Wholehog software?
    edited July 2007
    Hi Brad,

I'm running Wysiwyg Rel 19 and Visualizer Connectivity v1.1.0.59.

Jens.
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited July 2007
    Thanks Jens. We will look further into this and contact you soon. I assume that you have your fixtures patched properly and the universes mapped in WYG?
    edited July 2007
    Yes, should be fine.
  • cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited July 2007
    What universe in WYG are your fixtures patched to? Make sure that they are patched to universe A and not EDMX.

Also check to make sure that in the windows task manager under the processes tab that only on Wyg.exe process is running.

Just some things to look at.

-Chris Muenchow
    edited July 2007
    Hi Chris, this could be the problem. There is no universe A in the List, only EDMX and my Wyg-it. How can I choose universe A?

Many thanks,
    Jens.
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited July 2007
    Jens,

You can add universes under the DATA section of WYG. Select the PATCH tab from the lower left. Then right click somewhere under the EDMX icon on the left to add universes. Then you must re-pathc your fixtures to the output you require.

see this thread for more:

http://forums.highend.com/showthread.php?t=4023

Hope this helps:)
    edited July 2007
    Thank you all guys, system is working now!

Thanks again,
    Jens.