Pixel Range ARC R

Hi folks:

I have gotten a couple pixel range arc r heads to play with -- they are really cool but im having a terrible time getting them on the board properly -- i can make them work as a group of desk channels, but thats a bit clunky. they each have 4 channels (dmx addresses) Red, Green Blue and Amber in that order -- I called tech support for some help and the guy recomended the Thomas Pixel Par 4 cell item in the fixture schedule. Unfortunatly, once i got it patched and generated auto menues, nothing happens -- no color pallet and i cant get them to come on -- my hog 3 upgrade is ordered (finally) and on its way (should be here next week) but id like to use these guys on sunday if i can -- can someone suggest a way to make them work properly?

I tried the fixture library builder but im getting easilly confused by that and the section of the manual that covers building a fixture library is not yet done

Im on the hog 2 pc

Thanks

TIM
  • Tim,
    Give me a call or send me an email, we'll see if we cant get you sorted out.
  • Tim-
    You may already know this if you've talked with Joe. The profile for the pixel par 4 cell does appear to be exactly what you describe needing (4 channels: RGBA). There will not be any color autopalettes (you'll want to mix and create your own desired colors anyway), but you should see a group palette at the very least. This profile will work much better than desk channels.

Thanks
    Cat West
    High End Systems
  • Joe and Cat

makes sense

im on my hand held while shooting baseball games. i dont have my manual clode to hand.

could one of you refresh me on how to create the colors on the color palette.

i'll be programmoing tomorrow afternoon / evening

thanks

Tim
  • Don't forget, when you're at your computer: the Hog2 manual was installed with the program. You'll find it in the same place you find your show files on your hard drive. If all else fails, grab one at www.flyingpig.com/support/hog2/manuals/hog2_v4.pdf

Recording palettes is simple- select the fixtures in the programmer and manipulate your color channels on the encoder wheels until you have the desired output. Press Record and select any empty box inside the color directory. You can name it using the set key. When you want to call up your custom colors, select the lights and touch the palette. The section called "Groups and Palettes" in the manual will explain this better (somewhere around page 47).

I hope that was what you were asking about. If not, just tell us specifically what you are looking for.

Thanks
    Cat West
    High End Systems
  • Cat -- yup - i think thats it --

when i said i didnt have the manual -- i meant i didnt have it on the field or in my pda to reference -- i have it printed and bound at my lighting station at church - -thanks for the info

i'll give that a wack tomorrow and see how it turns out --

i did not see the option to manipulate colors with the wheels but i'll try again tomorrow

thanks a ton

TIM
  • HI Folks:

Just wanted to post an update - the ARC R's worked great on the stage today. I got them connected to the board and figured out what i needed to get the colors mixing (i hadnt hit the color button)

I programmed our service like normal with a bunch of cues etc, and then took one of the remaining faders and stuck a bunch of different color cues on it (with lables) and just called them manually - via goto and a number to change the colors on the fly -- I am already figuring out that im gonna have to totally re-learn how to program and run shows especially once i get the full load of LED fixtures and the moving lights this fall

Thanks for all the help -- i really appreciate it a lot

TIM
Related