My 2 cents...

So after a while, I think the only requests i'd reallyl ike to see are:

Calendar events! I really could use a scheduling application for it.
Implementing the Macros
Lockable (PIN) Programmer/Record/Playback levels.
Space Invaders....??? :DNot as necessary, but certainly useful at times, I would love to see a Timecode Offset edit where a whole cuelist or sections of it could be shifted entirely.
  • [QUOTE=Inaki]So after a while, I think the only requests i'd reallyl ike to see are:

Not as necessary, but certainly useful at times, I would love to see a Timecode Offset edit where a whole cuelist or sections of it could be shifted entirely.

See this post....
    forums.highend.com/showthread.php?t=1947&highlight=timecode+offset
  • Ignacio,

We're currently developing a clock system that will allow you to trigger events based on day, date, and time. You can expect to see this functionality in an upcoming release.

Implementing keystroke macros will be a major undertaking, but it is on the to-do list. I've added your request for this functionality to feature request #6006.

Can you tell me a bit more about what locking functionality you need? We've discussed a wide range of security options, from simple pin-code console locking to full multi-user security, so knowing exactly what our users requre would be very useful.

Space Invaders? The only thing I want my lighting console doing is running lighting. If I really felt the need to play video games in front of my clients, I'd set up my xbox 360 at FOH on shows.

As Jon pointed out, there is already a way to offset the timecode values for multiple cues. If you select a range of cues and change a timecode value, all of the selected cues will be offset by the same amount.

Thanks.
  • Well, as for security I'd like different levels within a console, I rarely network consoles together, so thats not really a major issue for me. It might be for others though. I'd like PIN locking for different levels. Particularly locking the Programmer itself, the Record functions (update, merge, record, etc) and all the console. This would allow me to leave the console in such a way that other techs could do work in the programmer live, strike lamps, etc without being able to record or modify cues.

I was kidding about space invaders btw, thus the smily face.
  • Ignacio,

Thanks for the additional info. We didn't have a bug specific to multi-level PIN code locking, so I've logged feature request #10916 with your comments.
Related