Robe spot 700e at Mode 3

Robe 700 Spot e at Mode 3 Hog II

Hi,
Would it be possible to get a Robe 700e at spot mode 3 added to the Hog II fixture down-loader or if someone has a version of this available they would be willing to share would be greatly appreciative
I can see the mode1 and 2 versions of the 700 spot but the client is using an ESP system with mode 3 only available.

Time-frame would be by early next week monday/tuesday 9th/10th july,
Link to Robe website below.
www.robe.cz/default.aspx?contentid=9A8A2A81-B409-4C7D-9FD1-E30AB8878D75&lang=9D2D0548-2D4A-46FB-8AB2-3E356457EE73

Thanks in advance Cormac
  • Cormac,

HES/FPS is no longer creating new Wholehog 2 libraries as of July 1, 2007. However, I suggest you download the Wholehog Library Generator application from Denis Hessberger's site at:
    www.hoglibrary.com/
    or
    www.denis-hessberger.de/
  • Hi Brad,
    thanks for the reply,would have been good to know that you are no longer supporting hog II fixtures(i'm sure you will link me to a page somewhere on the HE site).
    Have tried denis's software but the Robe 700 spot is beyond me with many of the channels having 21+ control options,the event in question is not my show so i cannot spec the console or OS be it Hog II or Hog III.

I think it's kind of strange that HE don't have a fixture builder themselves and are linking to external software developers to maintain a console that is still in great demand and does not look like is going away,but i suppose in stopping to release fixture builds you have now made it really really difficult.

thanks again for the reply although it is not the reply i wanted.

Regards Cormac
  • Cormac,

As it turns out, this fixture was made and not yet on the downloader... so it is there now! At any rate the top of the downloader page and the other Wholehog 2 pages does reflect the recent change in HES policy.
  • Thank you Brad,
    just as a suggestion why don't you put something on the forum site explaining the recent change on HES policy ,most users will only go to the down loader site if they require a new fixture,wouldn't it make sense to put a simple post in the Hog II forum?
    I won't be the last person to ask for a new hog II fixture lib so it might save you some time in the long run.
    I look at the high end forum as much as i can to try and keep as up to date as possible so just because you changed the wording of 2 headers on 2 pages within the entire HE site don't expect everyone to see it.
    You have several e-mail databases that inform HE users of current software releases maybe just put a small one liner on the bottom of the next mail out.

I think it might be helpful if you added a section within the forums where users can add lib files for new fixtures for other users to download,i understand you are suggesting using Denis's lib gen software which i might add does not have a manual yet,but what about fixtures or media server's that require some serious time to create or alter i'm talking about DL-2/axon/etc.I for one do not have the experience to make media server lib files or high channel count fixtures using denis's software despite the fact that it makes it much easier.
    Yes i understand hog II is no longer supported in any shape or form by HE nor has it done for quite some time but that dosen't equate to all Hog II owners switching to Hog III overnight or suddenly becoming confident creators of lib files..it isn't going to work like that.

Thank you for your reply and answering some of my previous post and for adding the Mode 3 700 spot.

Regards Cormac
  • Hi Cormac,

I would like to notice that I have a forum running on my site which offers up and download possibility of hog libraries:

hoglibrary.com/schwarzes_brett

as far as it goes with the creation of compex libraries; I am working on that. But first I need to finish my library editor, which will make it possible to edit libraries using a GUI.
  • Hi Denis,
    thanks for your mails which i got,also thanks for adding the fixture download feature to your site which i'm sure is going to have a lot of activity over the coming months,would be good to see how many people actually download new fixture files now that HE support has now finished.
    Also glad to see the manual is coming as i guess if you can't create your lib file you probably won't be able to make one with your software wihtout the aid of a manual...

Cheers Cormac
Related