(2) External Monitor
(2) ELC Nodelan 4
(3) DL2
(1) D-Tek Rack
(18) VL1K
(8) VL2500 Spot
(18) VL2000 Spot
(8) VL2000 Wash

Just finished a fairly high profile show and I ran into quite a few problems....some of which I have already discussed with Tom, but wanted to put it out here.

DL2's - Have Opacity trigger set on master list with Gr. 1 / 2 / 3 each on their own fader. When I would raise the INT fader (separate from the master list) I couldn't get the DL2's to trigger to play the file. It was only if I had it all on the same list that they would trigger.

Inhibitive subs - Had a page of INH masters on CLIENT. As I would change pages on the Server, the INH masters would no longer work. They would work until I switched pages on the Server.

When having the same list on both the master faders and playback wing, the playback wings always shows the fader status instead of which fader is actually up. (Ex...List30 on Wing 1/1 and Console 1/10. Bring fader up on console. The fader level shows up on the wing list, not the console.)

Had several complete lockups on the console while programming. No way to get to "Pig Open Backspace." Had to completely shut down with the power switch to get back into programming. Never any lockups with playback, just when programming. Is there any way to look for a .DMP file on the console (I couldn't find it anywhere).

While programming, console slow-down was about 30-45 minutes before I had to do a reboot. After reboot, I could program for another 30-45 minutes before programming again.

It also seems that a lot of my problems went away (programming and operation) once I took the client out of the loop and ran just the server and the playback wing. Console slow-down was less aparent and no problems with INH masters (as long as they were all on the same page).

Other than these issues, I had a great time with the III and everyone was extremely happy with both the III and the DL2s!!! I can't wait to get 4 DL2s back in a couple of weeks.

Please let me know if you'd like a showfile.

Thanks!!!!

Jon

Comments

• bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited July 2007
    Jon,

Please do send us a show file... you know the method: http://upload.highend.com

thanks,
  • jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited July 2007
    Brad,

As soon as I get in next Saturday, I will get it off to you. I took a few days vacation so I won't be in for a little while. :friday:

Jon
    edited July 2007
    cool...

Enjoy your vacation...
    edited July 2007
    Jon,

When talking about the console "slow down" did you by chance have the "view cue" window open in any of your views?

FYI.. The DMP files are only available in the windows based systems.
    edited July 2007
    DMP Files: That's what I thought, but I wanted to check.

View Cue: No...I very rarely use the View Cue button, so I know that it was not open.
    edited July 2007
    File has been sent to Tom. :headbang:
    edited July 2007
    Thanks Jon!