Expansion Wing Problem!

PimmerPacKPimmerPacK Registered User
Yesterday during my show, my expension wing has gone crazy!

The fader-section on the left decided to switch all the buttons.
So, the choose-button became the flash-button of the fader on its left. The play-button became the choose-, the pause- became the play-, and the flash- became the pause-button.

I switched the wing on and off, no results. I switched the wing-section off and on in the control-panel, no results.

Can I solve this myself or do I have to send it back to the light-company to fix it?
I have my next show on monday, so I need to fix it, or arrange me another wing.

Gr
Pim

Comments

• bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited June 2007
    Pim,

This problem sounds very unusual and really tough to troubleshoot over the forums. I suggest you contact our support department directly at 800-890-8989 or support@flyingpig.com

Also you can test the actual keys of the wing by opening the Events window on the console and checking the key presses.

thanks,
  • robbjibsonrobbjibson Registered User
    edited June 2007
    This same issue occured to a Full size wing that I was using on a festival rig in Germany... It was the Lower Right hand side of the wing. Our solution, to get through the show, was to attach another mini wing, and map it to there, and set it on top...
    This was with a Full Size Hog 3 with Current software.
    Cheers!
    Robb
    edited June 2007
    It would be great if either of you could send us your show file and also the serial number of your wing. Any other information you can provide would be of use as well.

thanks,
    edited June 2007
    Will do...
    Because it was a German Supplier for the festival system, I will have to include thier info; I'm sure they will be contacting you in regards to the issue as well!
    The lower half of the right hand side of the wing, the buttons changed mappings, though nothing had been changed in the Options window.
    The Choose became the Flash
    The Play became the choose
    The Halt became the Play
    The Flash became the halt.
    Intensity just did not work.
    Cheers!
    Robb
    edited June 2007
    Brad,
    The festival was supplied by:

satis&fy
    Werner Renz
    Baaken 20
    d-59368
    +49 / 0 / 23 89 92 89 111
    www.satis-fy.com
    wernerrenz@satis-fy.com
    edited June 2007
    Thanks for the information Robb, I will contact them
  • PimmerPacKPimmerPacK Registered User
    edited June 2007
    I send my wing back to the supplier. I'm sure they will contact you or anybody from High End.

I believe the serialnumber ended with 118. I will upload the show tonight.

Gr.
    Pim
    edited June 2007
    Hi Brad,

I don't have the show where this problem occured till monday probably. So that has to wait.
    But some extra information:
    Hog III + expansion wing + 2x external monitor + keyboard
    Running the latest software (V2.1.0 b1618)

The only thing I've done different during this show (because it was a daylight-show), I made some extra faders where I had the flashbutton with a +Go with different groups of blinders and movers in the cues. All those faders where with HTP and Cue Only. All of them in the section that's gone weird.

That's all I can remember...

Gr
    Pim
  • edited June 2007
    If you have a chance to play around a bit, could you try remapping the offending section to a different set of playbacks (in the setup where you map quadrants of the wing to playbacks) and see if the problem follows the lists, or the quadrant?

Also, try launching a new show, mapping the expansion wing, and see if the problem happens again.
    edited July 2007
    So I played with the III with wing again. Loading the old show where it happened, still the same problem. Shut down the hog and restarded again. Made a new show, same problem occurs.

So my wing is back to the technical department, and I'm sure they will contact High End about this. I got a new wing to do my shows untill this is fixed.

Gr
    Pim
    edited July 2007
    Pim,

We have been contacted about this wing and we will check it out ASAP. Thank you for your understanding and patience.
    edited July 2007
    Just a small update:
    I had a show today with a brand new wing. I have loaded the show where this problem started and everything was fine.

Gr.
    Pim
    edited July 2007
    PS: Here is the show where it happened.
    edited July 2007
    Thanks Pim,

We think we have narrowed this down to a hardware problem. We actually have the wings in question coming back to Austin now..

thanks,