hog2pc with super widget on parallels

daraagdaraag Registered User
edited January 2010 in Wholehog 2 General Discussion
Hi guys
I am out on tour and have a super widget as a backup, I am running a hog II console. I use a macbook and have xp running under parallels. I tried today to get the widget to connect but nothing and hog2pc doesnt really have much trouble shooting in the manul i uninstalled and reinstalled hog2pc but nothing. Is it at all possible to run hog2pc under parallels and if so how can I accomplish this and are they any alternatives apart from buying a windows laptop.
Dara

Comments

• AndrisAndris Registered User
    edited June 2007
    I wouldn't use HogPC in Parallels, as there are some flaky USB issues that pop up from time to time which cause widgets and wings to drop out or not be recognized at all. It's a much safer plan to boot into Windows via Boot Camp. I've used WinXP SP2 on Boot Camp for a number of shows without a problem.
  • jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited June 2007
    Under parallels, you have to enable the USB ports EACH TIME it boots and select the dongle. It does not auto-connect. Same thing happens with a WYSIWYG key.
  • AndrisAndris Registered User
    edited June 2007
    That's correct, yet I still have USB connectivity and stability issues. It's just not worth the convenience of running under Parallels in a show environment.
    edited June 2007
    No Andris...I completely agree. I was just hoping that's what his issue was. I wouldn't do any show critical situation with Parallels....definitely bootcamp for me.
  • ariel19ariel19 Registered User
    edited January 2010
    Can you run parallels and bootcamp on the same machine?
    edited January 2010
    Yes you can...just install BOOTCAMP first! And then you can tell Parallels to use the Bootcamp parition.