Studio Color cmy belts

I have a couple of Studio Color 575 (aprox 3 yrs old) that operate normaly most of the time, but when I give them a fast color chase the magenta wheel gets out of sync. If I keep things slow the wheel acts normally. I can also home the offending fixtures and they will sync back up. Do I need to replace the cmy belts? What is the procedure for replacing them?
  • Lee,

You might want to check the motors as well. But before you go digging around in your fixtures, I'll ask an obvious question....are all of the fixtures running the same Firmware?

If you do need to get in there I think the exploded view diagrams will be most helpful:

www.highend.com/support/automated_luminaires/series575_views/

Especially this one:

www.highend.com/support/automated_luminaires/series575_views/series575_ed27.asp

Hope this helps :)
  • I agree with Marty,
    It almost definetly is the motors,
    Part number 99270073 for all the motors that turn wheels in a studio color.
    They are pretty easy to replace,
    I would first check them by spinning them by hand,
    If any of them are harder to spin, that is your culprit.
    As for procedure,
    If you haven't had one apart before, I would suggest you have someone that has show you how it goes,

Not that it is difficult, but there is alot of glass in there, and most of those wheels run in the 400$ range for replacement.
    But if you decide to give it a try, Let us know if you run into any specific difficultys, I would be more than happy to give you a step by step rundown on disassembly.
    (Although taking no responsibility for any breakage):D

Good luck!
    Joshua Wood
  • [quote=Woodj32177]I agree with Marty,
    It almost definetly is the motors,
    Part number 99270073 for all the motors that turn wheels in a studio color.
    They are pretty easy to replace,
    I would first check them by spinning them by hand,
    If any of them are harder to spin, that is your culprit.
    As for procedure,
    If you haven't had one apart before, I would suggest you have someone that has show you how it goes,

Not that it is difficult, but there is alot of glass in there, and most of those wheels run in the 400$ range for replacement.
    But if you decide to give it a try, Let us know if you run into any specific difficultys, I would be more than happy to give you a step by step rundown on disassembly.
    (Although taking no responsibility for any breakage):D

Good luck!
    Joshua Wood

PREACH ON BROTHER!
    They arent that hard but there are a lot of motors that need to be felt to determine if they are any good. I suggest feeling the motor without anything attached. 95% bad motors. If the belts are bad you will see missing teeth in the orange rubber. Always a good thing to have around.
Related