Hog3 network with HogPC Isuues

jthatcherjthatcher Registered User, Hog Beta
I am currently running 2 - DP's on my Hog3 Console. On the show that I am on now we have regualrly networked two consoles. Today I wanted to use my laptop instead. The pc works and says that it is longed on, but in the output window the user number is there but no value window next to it. It is hashed out. This goes for the values of the movers, desk channels and all other fixtures. I can control them but the values are not being displayed in the output on the PC or Console, i do see them in the programmer as I am workingwith them. I have switched and replaced every cable, the switch for routing the nodes. I have also used two different laptops with the same result, as well as switching the roles of the two machines. I even went so far as to start a new show and start from scratch both on the PC and the Console. I have tried everything under the sun.

Another intresting point is that if I record a cue it is on both consoles. If i clear my programmer and select a fixture that I know is up and hit suck nothing is brought in. If I "touch" it it brings in all as if i had done nothing with it.

Has anyone seen this as well? It has caused much grief.

Comments

• teericksonteerickson Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited June 2007
    Joshua,

Are you running v2.1 software?
    Is Hog 3PC the client or the server?
    On the client console, did you remember to turn off the "Run Server" setting an the client? Click the Settings button on the start screen to make this change.
    Do you have anything on your network other than the Wholehog 3 and the DPs?

Thanks.
  • cormacjackcormacjack Registered User, DL Beta
    edited June 2007
    Hi,
    Sorry if this an obvious thought but are both the HogIII and PC running the same software builds.

Cj
  • jthatcherjthatcher Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited June 2007
    I am running the same builds for all, V2.1.0 (Build 1618). I also have "run server" off. The sever is the console and the PC is the client. I have switched the roles and get the same result.
    The network is as follows:
    1-H3 V2.1.0
    1-LAPTOP W/ H3 PC V2.1.0
    1-5 PORT GIGABIT SWITCH
    2-DP2000
  • barnes2000barnes2000 Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited June 2007
    CJ,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you can even make a network connection between two consoles if the software is not the same version. Josh is making a connection, and he is able to control fixtures from either console, but the Output window is not correctly displaying what is outputting.

Tom,

It sounds like the DPs are transferring the data out to DMX properly, but the info feeding back to the console to be displayed is not right...or missing, as Josh said.
    edited June 2007
    So I have done further tests. I connected two different PC's to another console and network of 1 DP. The result is basically the same. I have attached two screen shots to give you further examples of what the output window on the client looks like.
    edited June 2007
    One further note is that I used a crossover cable to connect the two together bypassing DP's. All of the fields appeared but obviously had no values because of the DP's not being in the network.
    edited June 2007
    Joshua,

Is your switch managed?
    Is it possible that it may be blocking some traffic that is necessary for Wholehog feedback?
    edited June 2007
    Hey Tom,
    No the switch is not managed. We have used this switch on this show with two H3 consoles and had no problems.

Is this something that has not been seen by anyone else? I posted earlier that this is not isolated to my setup here. I have duplicated it with another Hog, on another switch, with another set of cables, with another DP, with a different show file, and with a different PC.

Attahched are the two show files tested.
    edited June 2007
    Hope I didn't run you off Tom.
    edited June 2007
    Joshua,

You certainly haven't run me off. Things are very busy around the office right now. We're getting ready to start shipping SHOWGUN and we have a big demo event scheduled this week. Sorry for my slow response. I'll have a look at your show files this week and see if I can duplicate your problems in our test lab.

Thanks.