Visualizer

Hey guys,I have a Jands 250 and would like to use a visualizer to program.
What would be the most affordable and/or best choice 1) for programming etc. 2) as an addition to use with the Jands Live?
I see some of the lap top software out there have Visualizers, (Daslight Gold, Axis, Bluelite etc.) but I'm not sure if they would be the best choice to use with the Board?
Thanks
Gary
  • Gary,

Choosing a visualizer is a very personal choice based on your needs and budget. We don't endorse or recommend any specific visualizers. Our Wholehog 3 connectivity driver allows connection over Ethernet to ESP Vision, WYSIWYG, Capture, and MSD, but this doesn't apply to you. Since you will be connecting with DMX, you can choose any visualizer that will take DMX input.

As a programmer, I usually use either ESP Vision or WYSIWYG. In my personal opinion, ESP Vision has the highest quality visualization and most accurate representation of fixtures. I've used ESP Vision for actually pre-cueing shows. I'm also an owner and user of WYSIWYG. I like the fact that it's easy to draft a light plot in WYSIWYG. The visualization is certainly good enough for creating focus points and the autofocus functionality can really save time.

I'd suggest doing some investigation on your own and asking around for other opinions. You may want to ask this question in some of the industry forums that aren't manufacturer-specific, such as LightNetwork.com or blue-room.org.uk.
Related