Newbie need help to learn Hog 500

Hi I was wondering if someone can help me out. I bought a Hog 500 and would like to learn to use it. I've been using a Show Designer 2 fo rseveral years and now would like to learn the Hog 500. Is there any tutorials or videos I can buy or goto?
Thanks
oscar:)
  • Oscar,

Your first step should be to get the manual out and read it.
    www.flyingpig.com/support/hog2/manuals/hog500-1000v3_2.pdf

Then, run thru the Getting Stated and Quick Start.

Once you have done that you'll have questions that we can help with.

Have fun.

Cat
  • Oscar,

We don't have any tutorials or videos, but the manual is laid out well and fairly easy to follow. I'd suggest connecting the Hog (or Hog PC) to a visualizer and using the visualizer to try the things that you learn in the manual.

We'll be glad to answer any questions that you may have as you learn.
  • Thanks for the reply. Will the ESP Vision 2.0 Student License work with the Hog 500? I also have the OmniSistem Daslight & Elation Compu Pro software they both have builtin 3D Visualizers. Would I be able to use any of these with the Hog 500? Also how do I add fixtures to the console & what is the latest OS for the Hog 500?
    Thanks
    Oscar
  • Oscar,

The Jands Hog 500 doesn't have Ethernet, so it won't network directly to visualizers like the Wholehog 3 will. You will need to send DMX to your visualizers, but many visualizers support this. If you're trying to use ESP Vision, you will need to use an ESP V-Box for DMX input. I believe these can be purchased directly from the ESP web site.

I've never used Daslight or Compu Pro. Do either of these visualizers support DMX input, or are they just designed to work with the control software that they are integrated with?

The latest software release for the Jands Hog 500 is v3.3 build 177. This can be downloaded from the Flying Pig Systems web site.

The ROM library included in the software has the most common fixture libraries. You can add these to your show by clicking the Add Fixtures button in the patch window (Setup->Patch). If you need to write additional libraries for custom fixtures, there is a section of the Wholehog 2 user manual that describes how to do this.

Thanks.
Related