Some Issues (1618)

barnes2000barnes2000 Registered User, Hog Beta
Haven't posted in a while. Thought I'd post a few issues I've been having.

1) I've been having some problems moving cuelist....either from one master to another or from cuelist directory to a master. I keep getting an error in the command line. So I hit clear or backspace and try again. I've had moments where it takes several tries to move the list. Is this just me?

2) Networking two consoles together seems to bring about some issues. For one, if I mess with the patching, or add new fixtures using the second console and not the server, it can cause some erratic DMX behavior. For this, I was forced to reboot.
I also encountered a bug that happened once before. I mentioned it to Brad, but what I think is happening is when I clone a universe while having two consoles networked, the output window goes a bit crazy. It shows random fixtures blinking on and off(released), as if in a chase, but the DPs are not outputting this chase, the output window is just showing it. This was also fixed by unpatching the clone, and then rebooting.

Comments

  • teericksonteerickson Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited May 2007
    Scott,

    How are you trying to move the cuelists? Using command line syntax or by tapping the buttons in the cuelist directory?

    What error are you seeing? Or is the command line just turning red? If so, what's the exact syntax on the command line?

    I've seen a couple of issues with the output window after cloning, but these usually resolve themselves if I close and re-open the window. I'll see if I can reproduce the multi-console problems that you describe.

    Thanks.
  • barnes2000barnes2000 Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited May 2007
    Tom,

    I think the Copy/Move issue is just me rushing the programming. There is nothing wrong with this function, it just seems that sometimes the touchscreens respond quickly, and sometimes they don't...and yes, there is no real Error, it's just the red command telling me to slow down.

    The multi console issue has happened twice now. Both were the result of cloning a running universe. As I had mentioned the first time it happened, rebooting the processors does not fix it, because the processors are actually running fine. Brad seemed to think it was the console translating the data to the Output window that was getting mixed up. I can't remember everything said.
    Also, I spoke to someone there about this, but I haven't posted it yet, but another multiconsole issue I was having earlier was when changing the patching using the remote console caused the data to output choppy. For example, I added some additional fixtures and patched them into the show using the remote console. Then later on, while programming some DL2s, I noticed their pan and tilt were not moving smoothly. The only thing I had done new was adding in those new fixtures. I logged off the remote and checked the DL2s with the main console, but still had the choppy movement. So, then I rebooted the main console, and everything was fine. Wierd?

    Lastly, I have also noticed that the patch window did not put the addional fixtures I added in the proper user number order. For example, I have several hundred desk channels. When I added a bunch more, and numbered them starting at 931, the patch screen shows them at the top of the list and then the original desk channels afterward. I added some more starting at 1201, and those were ahead of the 931+ numbers. What is the reason for this?
    teerickson wrote:
    Scott,

    How are you trying to move the cuelists? Using command line syntax or by tapping the buttons in the cuelist directory?

    What error are you seeing? Or is the command line just turning red? If so, what's the exact syntax on the command line?

    I've seen a couple of issues with the output window after cloning, but these usually resolve themselves if I close and re-open the window. I'll see if I can reproduce the multi-console problems that you describe.

    Thanks.
  • teericksonteerickson Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited May 2007
    Scott,

    Do you remember if the red syntax on the command line was actually invalid. I'd believe that a dropped or extra keystroke would cause the command to be invalid, but I'd be surprised if you actually ended up with a valid command displaying in red. If that's the case, I'd like to know what the exact syntax is.

    I'm going to spend some time looking into your multi-console reports, but they certainly seem reasonable. I'll see what I can reproduce and I'll get bugs opened for the issues.

    What are you up to these days now that Pirates is released. Any cool projects going on?

    Thanks.
  • barnes2000barnes2000 Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited June 2007
    Tom,

    I'm pretty sure I'm typing invalid commands by accident. My keystroke might be a bit quick.

    I've been working on Marvel's Iron Man since March. Lots of movers on this movie...a bit of DL2 action too. The Hog3 got a nice mention in this months American Cinematographer about Pirates.
  • jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited June 2007
    :hijacked:

    I have to say Scott...that was a VERY impressive article on Pirates.....

    Now back to your regular discussions.....
  • barnes2000barnes2000 Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited June 2007
    Thanks Jon. It was nice. Chris Bennett was pretty new to the Hog3 when we did that show, but he's sold now. He just bought his own.
  • teericksonteerickson Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited June 2007
    Congratulations, Scott. That's all great news.
Sign In or Register to comment.