(1618) Garbage Collect crash

InakiInaki Registered User
edited May 2007 in Wholehog Lighting Control
This is the second time this has happened since I installed v2.1.0 b1618:

If I do a Garbage Collect I get various overlapping error messages.

The first one is "A Network Operation Has Failed", then an overtime error
which prompts me to Wait or Cancel the operation, and then a number of windows with Hog 3 <> in the title bar, with a number in the brackets and "fps::runtime" in the body, with an OK and Cancel prompt. Hitting OK just brings up the same window with a different number on the title bar.

Comments

• Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited May 2007
    There are some known issues with garbage collect right now. If you seach the forum you'll find some of the other threads. Basically don't do one for now until you are ready to power down the console.
  • teericksonteerickson Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited May 2007
    Inaki,

Did these error messages happen while the garbage collect was running or after it had completed?
    Was your show file created in v2.1 or with a previous version of software?

Marty is correct that we have some issues with garbage collect that we're working to get flushed out. We recommend that users log off of the console and re-start their show after running a garbage collect to prevent any problems.

Thanks.
  • InakiInaki Registered User
    edited May 2007
    It never finishes the garbage collect, it starts giving me these messages and I'm forced to restart the board because they just keep going and going.
    The show file was orginally done in an earlier version of software, but has since been modified with 2.1.
    Once I restart the board though, it does a garbage collect in all of 2 seconds.