How to create a bally ho?

Timothy BurkeTimothy Burke Registered User
edited December 2007 in Wholehog 3 General Discussion
I want to create a figure 8 bally ho effect with my movers. How would I go about doing this? I tried modifying something from the effect pallet but nothing was close. I then tried creating a cuelist making the figure 8 and ran it as a chase. Which that was close but it was a little stiff. Any suggestions. This is something I would like to be able to save as an effect.

Comments

• Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited May 2007
    Try creating an effect where your pan is 90 degrees offset from your tilt, and your tilt is running at 1/2 the rate of your pan.

This should give you a figure 8
  • Timothy BurkeTimothy Burke Registered User
    edited May 2007
    Thanks. Is there a particular effect in the effect pallet I should start from to work from to make it easier?
  • teericksonteerickson Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited May 2007
    Timothy,

Are you working with moving head or moving mirror fixtures?

If you are working with moving heads, you will notice that their movement pattern is very different when aimed straight up or down than when aimed out. With the fixtures aimed straight, the Circle effect should give you a figure 8. With the fixtures tilted out, try applying the Circle effect and then double the rate of tilt.

I hope this helps.
  • MemboxMembox Registered User
    edited December 2007
    teerickson wrote:
    The Circle effect should give you a figure 8.
    I've always had trouble with this. Using the built in circle effect how should I adjust the settings to get just a circle and not a figure 8? Or does it have more to do with the starting postion of the light.
  • Woodj32177Woodj32177 Registered User
    edited December 2007
    It depends on the starting position as well as the size of the effect,

Joshua Wood