Knockout parameters from All Types pallet

nickhnickh Registered User
I created a pallet for shutters on a VL 1000. I used one fixture and recorded the pallet as All Types, so that it will work with all the VL 1K's. I accidently recorded the focus and zoom into this pallet.

I tried pressing the pallet and then pressing Open. This brought the one fixture labled as All Types into an editor. I then tried to select the fixture, but there are no parameters present when a scond line appears in the editor. I just want to make the All Types line active so that I can hold backspace and turn a wheel to knockout unwanted parameters. Then I would press Update.

I must be doing something wrong? Any help?

Comments

• z6p6tist6z6p6tist6 Registered User
    edited May 2007
    Nick,

Because the palette was recorded as 'All Types', you should be able to select that one fixture, knock out the unwanted values, then update the palette, remembering to mask it as 'All Types' again. (Remember to hold down the Update key to get your masking options again.)

The fixture should be selected when you open the editor window.

Regards,

Phil
  • nickhnickh Registered User
    edited May 2007
    Thanks Phil.
    I didn't know about holding Update for masking. However, I still have not solved my problem. When my editor opens I see the one fixture labled All Types with the parameters I assigned to it. The problem is I cannot get the Beam encoders to become active. I tried pressing Beam, and I tried holding Open and pressing Beam to no avail. I just can't acces any of the displayed parameters to knock them out or edit them. The soft Edit button is pressed, and values have changed from grey to white.
  • teericksonteerickson Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited May 2007
    Nick,

Unfortunately, making edits to global palettes isn't as intuitive as it should be. We plan to fix this and it's currently logged as bug #3613.

In my opinion, the easiest way to make the edit is this:

Select a fixture.
    Apply the palette.
    Make the changes you need to make.
    Press Record.
    On the record toolbar, press More, then press Replace.
    Tap the palette.

This will replace the original palette with your new data. All cues, scenes, and other palettes will still retain their references to the newly replaced palette.

I hope this helps.
  • nickhnickh Registered User
    edited May 2007
    Sounds like that would work. I'll give it a try. Thanks Tom.
  • SourceChildSourceChild Registered User
    edited May 2007
    Wow! A new tool to knockout parameters from a global or per type!!!:dunce:

This would actually save a few steps.