Timecode / Edit crash

InakiInaki Registered User
edited June 2007 in Wholehog Lighting Control
This has happened 3 times already in the past 2 weeks:

When starting a show on timecode, if I do any editor work (ie: merge something onto it, or unpark something), the playback engine will crash. After restarting it thru the Launched Processes, many times it will not use certain channels in the cues which I have to "force" on. Ocassionaly it will "knockout" channels off a list, even though in the Open Cue window it will show it as recorded.

Anyone else has something similar?

Running a Hog III, 2 DPs, 2 exernal screens and a IO USB Widget.
v 2.1.0 b1618

Comments

• teericksonteerickson Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited May 2007
    Ignacio,

When playback crashes, do you see any error messages?
    Have you seen any problems or errors on your DP2000s?

Are you able to reproduce this problem? If you could send me your show file and steps that I can take to cause the crash, we should be able to track down what the problem is and get it fixed.

Thanks.
  • InakiInaki Registered User
    edited May 2007
    No, there are no error messages. I haven't done a Timecode show this week so I can't screw around much with it, but as soon as I can I'll let ya know.
  • davidfitwedavidfitwe Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited May 2007
    I haven't had the playback crash, but if I do anything is blind or view cue and do more then looking at one cue, I have the dialog go to not responding. It doesn't effect much, but you can't restart this only kill it.
    edited May 2007
    David,

There are a few threads where the dialog not responding issue is explained. At times, we will use a separate process (called dialog) to display messages to the user without interrupting normal desk operation. This process doesn't always clean itself out of the launched process list. This is purely a cosmetic problem and shouldn't negatively affect the operation of the desk.
  • InakiInaki Registered User
    edited June 2007
    OK, so this is getting to be retarded. I've just "lost" a huge amount of information from 2 shows, even though the Cue # Open says the information is still there. I really cannot go on re-programming things during the shows all the time, its a bit frustrating.

So basically, the cue has fixture information recorded, but it won't fire it. And it happens randomly, one week it'll be there, the next it won't.

Any ideas?
    edited June 2007
    Ignacio,

Does anything happen when you playback these cues?
    What does the output window show for values and sources? Does it even show the values being controlled by the console?
    Is this specific to certain fixtures, cuelists, or cues, or does it seem to be random?

The first thing I would try is:
    Open the shows window (Setup->Shows).
    Backup your show.
    Run Garbage Collect.
    Run Check Integrity.
    Reboot the console.
    Reboot all DPs.

If this doesn't help the problem and there is a reproducible way to see cues not fire, I'd like to take a look at your show file.

Thanks.
  • drdoolittledrdoolittle Registered User
    edited June 2007
    This problem has nothing to do with the showfile. This is another common bug that I find very hard to believe the powers that be are unaware of. It's been around for a very long time. I'll give you a tip. It only happens with desk ch...
  • cormacjackcormacjack Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited June 2007
    Hi Jim,
    Can you post what software version you are talking about when you first saw this problem.
    I see this is your 3rd since you joined in May as drdoolittle,if you see problems as descibed its helpful to post when it happens so the problem can be addressed asap.

C
    edited June 2007
    Jim,

I spent some time today trying to reproduce this issue with desk channels, but was unable to.

If this is a problem that you've seen, can you give us any information that may help us track it down?

While a problem may not be specific to problems with a show file, the case is often that certain programming or operating styles may be more likely to see certain problems. By looking at the exact show file that is experiencing a problem, it is more likely that we will be able to reproduce it. This is important, because once we have a way to reproduce the problem in our test lab, we can assign it to a developer to determine the cause and get it fixed.

Thanks.