Updated Palettes Not Reflected in Cuelist

tbslytertbslyter Registered User, Hog Beta
I have a recurring issue where I have made some rough position palettes then recorded some cues. Later I go in and fine tune those position palettes but when I go back the cuelist the old positions are still in the cues. The only way I have found to fix those cues is to rerecord them selecting the same palette again, but this is very time consuming.

I am not using direct palettes just standard palettes. Am I correct in assuming that if a cue is built with a palette and that palette is updated all the cues using that palette should be updated?

Thanks.

Travis Slyter

Comments

• teericksonteerickson Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited May 2007
    Yes. When you update the position palette, the cue should be updated as well.

When you open the cue in an editor and turn on show palettes, do you see a reference to the proper palette name?

Are you sure that all of the fixtures you're looking at were already in the position palette? Position palettes are per-fixture by default, so you would need to have had each light you're looking at in the position palette. If you copy position data from a light that is in the palette to a light that is not, it would just copy the hard values.

If you pressed @ before applying the position palette, it would only apply the hard values and not the palette reference.