edited May 2007 in v2.1.0
Lee Alexander

5/10/07
H3 2.1.0 build 1618
1 external display LCD
1 USB keyboard
1 linksys wireless router
1 tablet running H3pc

earlier today I was woring on the console while waiting for the tablet to connect to the show. After pressing Open and Fixture the H3 console front panel locked up. There was no response from any of the front panel keys , trackball or thouching the screens. However the pointer did follow my finger on the screen but I could not select anything. I was unable to Pig, Open, Backspace and had to power off the console and wait for the battery to drain. While I had no response form the console I did have control from the tablet and it seemed to be working fine. Is there a better way to preform a hard shutdown?

Comments

• bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited May 2007
    Lee,

If you have a keyobard attached you can try the keyboard shortcuts to CTRL+O+Backspace to open the process window or Setup/Quit.
  • leebotleebot Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited May 2007
    All of the front panel keys were unresponsive. I tried setup to get to the shutdown screen and pig, open, backspace to see the processes that were running and no response. I also had no response from any of the playbacks or the relase button.
  • teericksonteerickson Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited May 2007
    Lee,

It sounds like this may have been a problem with fpdriver (our front panel driver). If you can get into the launched processes window, you may be able to restart it, or you can shut down.

I've found that if I need to power the console off using the switch, I can often get it to happen quickly by toggling the switch a few times. This may help you avoid having to wait for the UPS.

I hope this helps.