Fixture Library

TimMillerTimMiller Registered User
I own some Fine336's (moving Head LED's). How can i get a fixure personality made (or make one) so i dont have to keep on just using a bunch of desk channels? Is there a way for a user to make their own personality, there are lots of consoles that allow the user to do this even if you have to edit a text file on a disk.

Comments

• jabadgerjabadger Registered User
    edited April 2007
    Page 121 of the Hog2 (v4) manual details how to do this.
  • teericksonteerickson Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited April 2007
    Tim,

Wholehog 2 library files are written as text files. Jason is correct that there are instructions for writing libraries on page 121 of the Wholehog 2 user manual v3.2. Let us know if you have any troubles or need any help.

Just so you know, users can also build their own Wholehog 3 libraries using the fixture builder tool on the console.
  • TimMillerTimMiller Registered User
    edited April 2007
    ok, i found it on page 165 of the hog manual. I'm using the manual that comes with hog PC (V4). Thanks guys. I'll let you know if i have any problems.
  • guidoguido Registered User
    edited March 2008
    hi all,

we've just got ourselves a new hog 1000, and i am having a little trouble with some leds we are using (big balls that have 4 channels and a star sky with 5 channel). the problem is i can't find the manufacturer code (the balls are showtec, the name of the stars escape me, sounds very similar). it isn't in the list of the library generator utility either.
    what should i do?
  • bradpepebradpepe Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited March 2008
    Tim,

The best option to create new libraties is to use the Wholehog 2 Library Generator application from Denis Hessberger at:
    http://www.denis-hessberger.de/
    edited March 2008
    Guido,

You can just use a manufacturer code of 99 or higher to create your own custom manufacturer folder.
  • guidoguido Registered User
    edited March 2008
    thank you brad.
    it's good to know that there is a forum with professional people who answer your questions. :)
  • TimMillerTimMiller Registered User
    edited March 2008
    i know i have done this before, but i now forget, how do you load the fixture into the console?
    edited March 2008
    Tim,

The instructions in the user manual should walk you through this. Basically you need to have a show on a disk (blank or otherwise) and then add your libraries to the _lib.lib file. Then when you load that show into the desk you will load the fixtures. You can not permanently load the fixtures into the ROM library on the desk. The best thing is to make a blank show "library disk" with the fixtures you commonly use. Then you can always start from this blank show. Just be sure to always save your "real" show to another disk and not save over your library disk.