IPCB Fader

AndreasAndreas Registered User
Okay, I don't really know how to explain this feature I'm looking for but I'll try. :confused:

If I have a scene that is attached to an IPCB fader with a bunch moving heads going out in the audience. The reason I made it IPCB is that during a live show I want to be able to control the fly out in a nice way (time, range etc). But here's the thing:

I would really like to have the intensity going up to 100% once the fader has left zero.

How can I accomplish that? I've tried with different macros to other qlists that only controls the movings intensity parameters and with a GL macro I do get the fixtures to reach 100% at once, but then I need to realese that q when i pull my IPCB fader to the bottom.:17:

Is there a way arrange this? In one way or another?

:sad2:

/ Andreas

Comments

• z6p6tist6z6p6tist6 Registered User
    edited April 2007
    Andreas,

I'm not in front of a console right now, so I can't try this...but...

Try setting the Path of your intensity to 'Start'. Leave your position Path on 'Default' or 'Linear'.

More can be found on this in the manual. Section 20.1.3.

Good luck!

Phil
  • cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited April 2007
    Phil you absolutely right EXCEPT currently when dealing with IPCB faders the intensity and position parameters ignore the path and always work linearly with the travel of the fader. Bug #10694 is logged to deal with this issue. Perhaps Tom has a workaround for this but none really come to mind right now.

-Chris Muenchow
  • teericksonteerickson Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited April 2007
    Chris is absolutely right on this one. I don't think there's currently a way to do what you're wanting without using a second fader for the intensity or manually releasing your macro-triggered intensity list when you bring down the IPCB fader.

This problem will go away once defect #10694 has been addressed.

Just to toss another idea out, does anyone think that it would be useful to have the ability to trigger a comment macro when a playback gets released, or would that add unnecessary confusion?
  • z6p6tist6z6p6tist6 Registered User
    edited April 2007
    I certainly wouldn't mind having the option.

I don't think I would use it much...but I've ended up using (<will ferrel voice> and LOVING! </will ferrell voice>) every CM in existence, so 'never say never'.

I'm still waiting for the DTA (Disable TCode on All lists) macro that was discussed in another thread.

Although I did recently deduce that you can use ranges with the DT comment macro. Very handy.

Worth mentioning that this ability is not indicated in the manual. Section 29.1 should either list 'ranges' as a general capability in CMs or should be listed next to every applicable Macro, just as it is shown next to GM, HM, and RM.

PG
  • ahelgorahelgor Registered User
    edited April 2007
    hey, andreas.. i might have something for you to do this(or atleast very close...)

in your scene, include the intensity at 100, and add an effect on intensity..eff needs to be like this:
    value 100%
    fade 0
    delay 0
    path start
    size 800%
    rate= 0.1
    ofset 0
    length 200%
    table step
    nshots -

this will get your very close to what you wan't.. the first 12.5% of your fader will have an effect on it, but since you've set your rate to 0.1, this will take a long time to be seen on stage.. once you've hit 12.5% on your fader the intensity will stay at 100, since it's multiplied by 8 in the effect(800%)..

-oh, your scene master needs to be fade ipcb
    good luck!
  • AndreasAndreas Registered User
    edited April 2007
    Advises appreciated! Thanks Anders for the effect, I'll try that as soon as possible, seems like an interesting workaround.
  • AndreasAndreas Registered User
    edited April 2007
    Anders, the effect works perfectly! And definetly much easier than having macros and several lists.

Thanx

/ Andreas
  • teericksonteerickson Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited April 2007
    Great tip, Anders. I hadn't even considered going about it that way.
    Kudos.
  • ahelgorahelgor Registered User
    edited April 2007
    well, me neither actually..it's more a result of too much spare time last evening;) When i first read the initial post, i thought "hey, that must be possible!" so it became one of my little challenges.. I have it like that sometimes when somone has a question I can't answer on the fly..

-man, i need to find a hobby!