How do I make everything stop immediately?

emanoncemanonc Registered User
Most of what I do is smash and flash lighting for parties and bands. I will have the fixtures running in effects and moving all over but I want to be able to stop all movement to all parameters immediately. I know that I can send the fixtures new numbers and clear out the effects and cues that I am running but I am hoping that there is a way to just lock or take a snap shot of what is happing. I hope what I am asking makes sense. Thanks for any help. :1zhelp:

Comments

• gpotocnikgpotocnik Registered User
    edited April 2007
    I guess what you want to o is release al the cues/cuelists you are running. To do so press pig + release, and al your parameters will go to default.
  • ChrisTallChrisTall Registered User, DL Beta
    edited April 2007
    Is what you want more like the Pause button on a CD player?

In this case, Pause all movement (pan, tilt, color, beam...), but keep intensity at current levels?
  • emanoncemanonc Registered User
    edited April 2007
    Yea I am looking for something like a pause button. I do not want to use pig release because that takes time to restore to the default look. I want to be able to capture the values that the console is sending at any instant.
  • jabadgerjabadger Registered User
    edited April 2007
    Select all fixtures, Pig+Active at the moment you want to capture. That will get you mostly there.
  • ChrisTallChrisTall Registered User, DL Beta
    edited April 2007
    Joshua,

Your question intrigued me so I played with it a bit before I had to run out to a meeting.

I tried things like Live -> Suck but that... we'll you know.

The best I could come up with would be to have a Group Pallet that is all the movers, and a Position Pallet for a "home" position.

When you want to freeze them go Group -> Position. Downside is they "jump" to the position.

That's as close as I can come so far. I'm wondering if there is a command to freeze the Effect engine?
    Besides saving a show on a hog 500 running HogII.
  • AndrisAndris Registered User
    edited April 2007
    No real easy to pause an effect waveform.
    You technically could create a macro that sets the rate of the effects to zero after a pig+active.
    Thats the only thing I can think of.
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited April 2007
    If your fixtures have some sort of MSpeed (like HES fixtures) that makes the fixture calculate movement times rather than the console. Then write a cue on a separate list that takes them to their maximum fade time. This will look like a "pause" for at least a few seconds.

Then when you release this list, your fixtures will go back to whatever they were doing.
  • JPStrangeJPStrange Registered User
    edited May 2007
    I've tried an effect freeze on the Hog2 using a cue that froze them by setting the rates to zero. The console just did not like it. Nothing would happen when the cue fired. I tried setting it to something just above zero and the console was still unhappy with me. Wish I could help. I'm using one on a show next week and I might give it a try again if I have the time.

-Jeff
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited May 2007
    Where are you setting the rate? In the FX engine or on the fader?