Different Gobo wheel 1 and 2 parameter

PatrickPatrick Registered User
I am using an iPC on the Hog 3 platform I’ve patched a few Studio Spot 575.
I encountered a problem that on the first gobo wheel I can use my index and rotate parameter without any problem forwards and backwards (- key)
But with the second Gobo wheel neither the index nor the rotate parameter will work, better still when I try to use the second gobo wheel parameters the first gobo wheel reacts. I went back to an older version fixture library to check if the same problem occurred and there I had no problem?

Patrick

Comments

• eboxereboxer Registered User
    edited April 2007
    this sounds a little odd. Was the output or programmer showing this, or was this the physical output?
  • PatrickPatrick Registered User
    edited April 2007
    It was a physical output.
  • cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff
    edited April 2007
    Hey Patrick,

Which library version were you using when you saw the problem?

-Chris Muenchow
    edited April 2007
    Hi Chris, Sorry I don’t have that info at the moment. As soon as i get in tomorrow morning I’ll look up the software version. It’s for me 23:30 European time
    edited April 2007
    Goodmorning,

Software : V2.02 (b1216)
    FPS Library : (V4.0.226) 13 dec 2006
  • eboxereboxer Registered User
    edited April 2007
    First thing you may want to try updating the the fixture library, the latest release was march 5th. Im not entirely sure how this library will run on 2.02, but i dont see it being an issue.

As far as updating the console software thats something i cant really tell you. The latest build is 1618 (v 2.1) but there are some reports about it being a little buggy.
  • teericksonteerickson Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited April 2007
    Patrick,

Does the second litho wheel respond properly when you select individual patterns with the slot toolbar?

It may be a good idea to compare what you see in the DMX window with the published Studio Spot 575 protocol.

Are all of your Studio Spots responding the same way?
    Can you tell me what software version the fixtures are running?
    It probably wouldn't be a bad idea to try resetting factory defaults within the menu on one of the fixtures to see if this changes anything.
  • SourceChildSourceChild Registered User
    edited April 2007
    I don't recall what fixture it was, I think either MAC 2k Profile or a ColorSpot 1200 but I experienced something similar to this. I would grab Gobo parameters and when I would build a look that had Gobo wheel spinning, and then on the next cue, I programmed a gobo slot to stop but the gobo was rotating.

This is similar to the Alpha line from Clay Paky where the Spin and Rotate use the same channel but in the case I am referring to, it was not supposed to be.

I only describe this because I thought it quirky at the time but haven't seen it since. For this show, I was also using an iPC and then later with a H3, I didn't notice anything.

I do believe that one of the desks was on b1206 and the other was b1618. I just don't remember which.
    edited April 2007
    Hi Guys,

I really don’t get it? :confused:

Switched every thing on, as normal, loaded the IPC.
    And you wont believe it ……… exactly……. everything works.:eek:
    I tried my very best to get where I first was with my problem but it seems my little bug has solved it self. So for the time being I want to thank everyone who tried to help me.

:notworthy: THX :notworthy:

Patrick
  • teericksonteerickson Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited April 2007
    That's great news, Patrick. I'm very glad to hear that everything is working. Please let us know if you run into this again, as I have no idea what was going on and it has me scratching my head a bit.

Thanks.