Blackout...NO!!!

lightboylightboy Registered User
Hey hey...

Alrighty...ready?

I'm being an over-anal #$$hole and putting 12 Wilfire 400 UVs on DMX to control the lamp. Except...I had a problem...I only want Lamp control in the Beam parameter.

Sooo, I went to work and I wrote a one-channel fixture profile with only a Lamp parameter. And it works beautifully...until I hit the DBO or bring the GM down to 0%. That wouldn't work very well...because I don't want the DBO or GM to be able to control the lamp functions.

Sooo, I thought, okay...maybe it just needs an intensity channel so it won't touch the Beam...stupid, but I figured it'd be worth a shot. So I made a TWO channel fixture...nothing...still doused the lamp.

What am I missing here? "its always one button"...I know I know. But I also almost could have sworn, I could have edited the fixtures to ignore the DBO or GM...maybe I'm thinking III.

Thanks!

Ryan

Comments

• jabadgerjabadger Registered User
    edited April 2007
    Can you post the profile you wrote?
  • lightboylightboy Registered User
    edited April 2007
    Hey Jason-

Yep...here goes...

This is the two channel one I wrote. I'd like to do it with JUST the lamp parameter.

//-------------------------------

fixture = Wildfire
    manufacturer = 99
    product = 5
    name = Wildfire 400

output = dmx

parameter = Intensity
    default = 0
    highlight = 255
    crossfade = 0
    type = htp8bit
    range = 0, 255, %

parameter = Lamp
    default = 0
    highlight = 255
    crossfade = 1
    type = htp8bit
    range = 0, off, noauto
    range = 255, on, noauto

//------------------
  • jksorgjksorg Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited April 2007
    Hi Ryan. You just need to change the lamp parameter type to ltp8bit instead of htp8bit. Then you can eliminate the Intensity parameter. I had the opposite problem on a show where I had created a fixutre's intensity as ltp8bit and couldn't get it to go out with the GM. I'd also maybe add "kind = b" after the type to put it in the beam parameters. Try this and let us all know how it works. Take care!
  • MitchMitch Registered User, HES Staff
    edited April 2007
    You may also need to rename the Intenisty channel as the Function file is also invloved in determining the outcome of where parameters are placed and if they observe the GM.
  • lightboylightboy Registered User
    edited April 2007
    Yep, that worked! Changed it to ltp, and we're golden...forgot about that.

Thank ya much!
  • jabadgerjabadger Registered User
    edited April 2007
    Bah, whatever with Manufacturer #99. Manufacturer 60 all the way!

;-)