SourceChildSourceChild Registered User
edited April 2007 in Wholehog Lighting Control
Name: Todd Scrutchfield
Date: April 6, 2007
Software Version and build number: V 2.1.0 b1618
Number of displays: 2 external ELO 19"
Connected USB Devices: 2 external ELO 19"
Networked Devices: 1 DP2000

Ran cue 4 on list 141, sucked all Cat parameters.
Knocked out Layers 4 and 5.
Changed intensity in Layer 4 and 5, began to update beam parameters in layer 5. Messed up and selected too many fixtures. Backspaced too much and realized I needed to undo. Hit 4 times in a row and console froze. Had to hard power the console to correct. It took about 2 minutes for the console to shutdown and for some strange reason, the screens went blank and showed me a shutdown dialogue box for a half second before the desk shut off.

I'll send the show file shortly.

Comments

• teericksonteerickson Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited April 2007
    Todd,

I want to clarify your steps to make sure I understand:

1) Played your cuelist.
    2) Selected all Catalyst layers.
    3) Suck
    4) Tried to select layer 5, accidentally selected too many layers.
    5) Adjusted beam parameters.
    6) Backspaced to deselect all.
    7) Tried to undo back to state of step 3.
    8) Crash.

Is this correct? I've tried this repro with a show file I created and I was unable to get it to crash. It would be great if you could send me your show file.

Thanks.
  • SourceChildSourceChild Registered User
    edited April 2007
    Tom, here is the update of what I originally posted. You should have the show file now and another bug report with it. I took and highlighted my original post operations in red.

"Ran cue 4 on list 141"

Okay, so I started programming Catalyst layers. Had to hit clear so I could park some lights on the stage.

After hitting clear, I wanted to go back to the state before so I just ran cue 4 which was the last one I had recorded.

"sucked all Cat parameters"

I sucked everything because I figured it quick. What I did not want to suck was layers 4 and 5.

"Knocked out Layers 4 and 5"

From my group window I touched "All 4 and All 5" then knockout

"Changed intensity in Layer 4 and 5"

I set L4 to 100% and L5 to 0%

"began to update beam parameters in layer 5"
    "Messed up and selected too many fixtures"

My intention was to update the playback parameters in Layer 1 but for some reason all layers selected and I updated several things I didn't want.

"Backspaced too much and realized I needed to undo"

I tried to backspace to deselect but realized I had already changed parameters in two steps.

"Hit (undo) 4 times in a row and console froze"

Four times I hit undo so that I would be taken back to the state right after sucking.

"Had to hard power the console to correct"

It didn't just crash a process, I mean the desk locked completely.

Tom,
    Since the first post, I have only been able to replicate part of the problem. Sorry but since then, I have added a great deal more programming so the show file is not exactly the same. If you have more questions, let me know.
    edited April 2007
    Any word Tom?
  • teericksonteerickson Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited April 2007
    Todd,

I'm still looking at this with your show file. I can get some of the undos to have a bit of a delay, but it's only when I really hammer on things, and it still seems to be running the undos properly. I haven't seen anything lock up yet. I'll keep looking at this and see if I can track it down.

Thanks.
    edited April 2007
    It might have been isolated on the particular day at the particular state of the show. I have not had a crash from undo since then but yes, I did notice a slowdown.

A crazy thought but a possibility... When I hit undo, it is typically on single moving light parameters. I find that on media servers I do not have to undo as much because I tend to think more when programming. I am suggesting that the number of fixture parameters being affected might have something to do with the undo delay (possibility).