(1618) Bug Report: Learn Timing Toggle

jabadgerjabadger Registered User
edited April 2007 in Wholehog Lighting Control
Name: Badger
Date: 4/3/07
Software Version and build number: 2.1.0 (1618)
Number of displays: 1
Connected USB Devices: 0
Networked Devices: 0

Learn Timing activated on a cuelist. Record another cuelist, push choose on that cuelist - Learn Timing should deactivate itself. Unless someone can come up with a reason why you'd want this. :-)

Comments

• teericksonteerickson Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited April 2007
    Jason,

I definitely agree with you.

We have 2 options here. The first would be to just turn off Learn Timing when the user switches the cuelist window to a different master. The second would be to save the state of Learn Timing with the cuelist so that when that master is chosen the previous Learn Timing state is remembered.

I'm leaning towards the second option. Do you have a preference?
  • jabadgerjabadger Registered User
    edited April 2007
    Turn off Learn Timing when user switches to another master.
    edited April 2007
    Sounds like a plan. I've logged this as feature request #10626 and I've added your comments to the enhancement.

Thanks.
  • z6p6tist6z6p6tist6 Registered User
    edited April 2007
    I would second Jason's opinion.

There is way too much badness that could happen with 'learn timing' on in the background.

PG
  • SourceChildSourceChild Registered User
    edited April 2007
    I disagree.
    Sometimes, I will start a cuelist running and set learn timing. Then, I will go to another cuelist and expect the learn timing to continue. Of course the idea is that (for example) Cue 1 is a setup (mark) cue for one light group and cue 2 runs the cue at the end of the first verse. When I press go on fader 1 to start the song and switch to fader two to learn timing for cue 2, I want cue 2s time to be correct so that when I go back to cue 1 on fader 1 and set GM2 as a macro, the learned timing works correctly.

This is just a preference for me. If there was however a way to indicate which chooses were learn and which ones weren't I would love that too. I am also interested in a "Learn follow" the idea is that when cue 1, 2, 3, and 4 are working correctly with learned times, I want to be able to trigger cue 4,5,6, etc from the last trigger of cue 3 and not the initial go that starts cue 1.

What I am having to do and don't like is subtract all the times of the preceding cues from the new learned time in cue 4.

Does this make sense?
    edited April 2007
    Todd,

The problem with learn timing assigning times based on the last manual go and not the last go within the cuelist is already logged as bug #10255.

We'll certainly consider your request regarding learn timing when we choose to attack that functionality. We'll have to see what everyone else wants, since you seem to have the dissenting opinion in this thread.