Fade Master / remind values

Hi there
Is there a possibility to use a fadetime in the cuelist macro: FADE MASTER? or does it works only without fadetime?
I would like to have the following macro: remind value @ MASTER with FADE TIME. So i can use a macro to fade out some cuelist e.g. for a video and after the video i don't have to pull up the fader individually.
Cheers
Hg
  • Hi Hg.
    unfortunately the FM# macro can't have a fade time in it.
    I think originally it was meant to be this way but as far as I know it has not been implemented yet. Actually you can type FM#/50t30 (standing for fade master# @ 50% in 30s) but the fader level snaps to the assigned value. Once we have this option it will be very easy to achieve what you're asking. In the meanwhile you can use kind of workaround to fade a master kind of smoothly.
    Let's say you want to fade a master from 100% to 0% in 10s.
    Create a new cuelist with 6 empty cues.
    Click on the 2nd cue's wait column and drag all the way down. Set them on follow+2.
    add your comment macros as follows:

Cue 2 FM#/80
    Cue 3 FM#/60
    Cue 4 FM#/40
    Cue 5 FM#/20
    Cue 6 FM#/0
    # Stands for master number you want to fade out.
    As you can understand the fade out it's not as smooth as we were actually bringing the master down in 10s.
    the more cues you have and the smoother the fade out.
    Actually what you will see are five steps decreasing the intensity of 20% each more than a real and smooth fade out but at least is something you can cope with until we get the full optioned Comment macro implemented.

Hope this helps
    Marco:hogsign:
  • Hg,

We have defined a syntax for assigning a fade time for comment macros, but it hasn't been implemented yet. The good news is that this functionality has been targeted to an upcoming release and we should begin working on it soon.

Thanks.
  • And what is with the remind function? :) What do you think about this?
    Cheers
    Hg
Related