RE:

Goodmorning everyone,

Can someone explain to me the srtucutre of a multi fader effects.
i would like to try some at school for an upcomming show in april,
and also how i can understand the design aspect of show effects.

Thanks Again.

Amber.
  • Amber,

I'm not sure what you are asking for. Can you tell us more about what you are using. Like type of console, fixtures, and so on.

Cat
  • I am ussing a hog3 console, i wanted to get a better understanding
    for creating multi fase effects with ea element of the effect recorded on
    multiple faders. thus being able to implement the use of macros.

thanks again.

Amber ......
  • Hi Amber,

Initially I thought when you said "effect" you meant using the Effect Engine in the Hog, but I'm starting to guess that you are saying effect to mean a look on stage, or a special sequence like a chase, or just parameters seperated onto faders. So, how about this...

Do you mean, Fader1 for color effects, and Fader2 for Position Effects, and Fader3 for Beam effects, and so on?

Also, describe to me what you see happening on the stage, or with the fixtures?
    What have you done before for programming?

I just want to be clear on what it is you are looking for before suggesting how to program it.
  • At the moment i am not trying to create for a show, however
    iwould like to get the general idea as to how you would create
    the diferent looks so i can have flexability to creat diferent types
    of lighting effects at will. like in a concert for example. and make
    them go with the beat of the music as well.

Hope this description helps.

Thanks Again.

Amber.
  • Sounds like what you want to do is what our UK friends call "busking". Or saying it in literal terms you want to be able to create the looks on-the-fly during the show depending on what the band plays next or how you feel.

Have you practiced or done a show where you record only certain parameters to a particular fader? Here's a simple example.

Say I have all conventionals and 1 set of 6 Cyberlights.

On Fader10 I would record a series of cues that are different looks for my conventionals.

On Fader9 I would record a series of cues that are only the color parameter of the Cybers. You do this by selecting USE C when recording.
    Here's the long example, select all of the Cybers, set to full, pick a color, Choose fader 9, press Record, press Use C (on the right monitor), press Enter.

On Fader8 record a series of cues that are only Beam Parameters. Use B.

Fader9 for Position Parameters, and so on.

You can have a fader of cues using Effects from the Effect engine.

You can have a fader of Macros that start/stop cuelists that are not assigned to a fader.

Now when you want to playback at the show you simply Choose the fader and Goto the cue for the look you want.

While it takes a few seconds to "create" the look it leaves you maximum flexibility.

Does this make sense?
Related