Wonky Parameter Wheel Response

jabadgerjabadger Registered User
edited April 2007 in Wholehog Lighting Control
Sometimes while programming, I go to spin a parameter wheel and it jumps to its Full value (pan, tilt, cym, whatever) and then as I try to spin it down, I turn it many many times before it finally connects and then slowly responds. This happens to me mostly when I'm building an effect with the engine. Bleh.

Running 2.1 - 2 Consoles, programming on Client - 2 ELO Touch.

Comments

• teericksonteerickson Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited March 2007
    Jason,

This one actually cropped up recently. It's logged as bug #10590 and it seems to happen after using encoders with modifier keys held down. We're working on getting this fixed. I'll add your comments to the defect.

Thanks.
  • ChrisTallChrisTall Registered User, DL Beta
    edited March 2007
    Tom,

Do you know any more details.

Like is it only after certain modifier keys?

Also, can we temporarily work around it by doing something after the modifier?

Thanks.
  • ahelgorahelgor Registered User
    edited March 2007
    It's been totally random for me.. sometimes your lucky, sometimes your not. and i also have seen this without using modifier keys..

(atleast not in the same "edit sequence", prob have used modifiers since i logged on though.-dont know what Tom meens with "after" you used modifiers. Tom, do you mean that once you used a modifier in a session, you can get this randomly a long time after? becouse that sounds right from my experience with this.)
    edited March 2007
    I've found that this problem seems to appear somewhat randomly, but the times I've seen it the most are immediately after I've used a modifier.

For example:
    I select a fixture.
    Touch.
    Hold backspace and spin the pan encoder.
    Clear.
    Select the same fixture.
    Move the pan encoder a little.

This seems to be the most reliable repro I have.
    I haven't found a workaround for this, but we're working to get it fixed.
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited March 2007
    I've seen it happen this way a few times on iPC consoles, but not yet on regular H3.

Most often it appears when using the keyboard modifiers (Backspace, Slash, Minus, or Plus).

No real repro as far as I have seen.
  • dandan Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited April 2007
    This was happening to me all day yesterday when using + alot with the CMY wheels.... seemed to take a turn or two until they would return to normal control.

D
    edited April 2007
    Just to keep everyone updated...

This problem has been assigned to a developer and is already being worked on. We hope to have a resolution in the near future.

Thanks for your patience.