Quick Value Window

stephlightstephlight Registered User
A colleague ask me today a really interresting option: a quick value window. As we were working with DL2 (my first day with 2 DL2, that's really fantastic) we could see that for somme parameters it was difficult to select precises values, and parameter cell in éditor window can be very far, so it would be great to double press the parameter toolbar's button to open a little window where we could enter the value.

Example:we have that view w3nz6.th.png
if i double press "Media file" button it would open a window where you could enter the value for choosen pic, or double click on "Media folder" button would opan a box to enter Folder value.

Thanks.

Comments

• teericksonteerickson Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited March 2007
    Steph,

You can currently edit values directly in the programmer spreadsheet if you need to, but this doesn't offer an easy way to handle an entire selection.

We've discussed this before internally, and the best solution we came up with was to hold set and either touch an encoder or the encoders toolbar to bring up a window that would allow users to directly enter values.
  • leebotleebot Registered User
    edited March 2007
    What if we had all of the stock media files show up as palettes when you generate auto palettes. The palettes could be grouped by media folder and you would have a button to select each media file without having to spend lots of time creating your own.
  • stephlightstephlight Registered User
    edited March 2007
    teerickson wrote:
    We've discussed this before internally, and the best solution we came up with was to hold set and either touch an encoder or the encoders toolbar to bring up a window that would allow users to directly enter values.

That could be set + Wheel i 'am Ok with that, the disadvantage is that we must use 2 hands.

Thanks
    Steph
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited March 2007
    Yeah...here is that old thread on using "set"

http://forums.highend.com/showthread.php?t=1755
  • stephlightstephlight Registered User
    edited March 2007
    Thanks, ican see we are looking for the same thing :D
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited March 2007
    Great :hogsign: minds I guess....:friday: