need help with 2 trackspot problems

1st problem... i have one trackspot that will not hold it's posistion... you program something... go to another cue... come back to the first and that one trackspot is slightly out of position... i tried tightening the plunger screws on the mirror pan/tilt... but that did not seem to help.

2nd problem... another trackspot has a shutter issue... whenever it tries to strobe, the shutter gets stuck and makes a loud clicking noise.. then it can't seem to find the open position when it comes out of strobe mode... the beam is partially blocked by the stuck shutter... I have to home the light to get the shutter fully open... could this be an issue the the shutter motor?

thanks,
J-Roc
  • [quote=J-Roc]1st problem... i have one trackspot that will not hold it's posistion... you program something... go to another cue... come back to the first and that one trackspot is slightly out of position... i tried tightening the plunger screws on the mirror pan/tilt... but that did not seem to help.

You may need to replace the spring plunger entirely, they do wear out over time. This is not always easy though b/c of the thread-locker used on them. I think HES used to offer a removal kit for these.

[quote=J-Roc]2nd problem... another trackspot has a shutter issue... whenever it tries to strobe, the shutter gets stuck and makes a loud clicking noise.. then it can't seem to find the open position when it comes out of strobe mode... the beam is partially blocked by the stuck shutter... I have to home the light to get the shutter fully open... could this be an issue the the shutter motor?

First thing to check is to make sure the shutter (or gate as it used to be called) is not bent. If it is it might be getting caught up in or on one the other parts inside. Next I would check to see if the tiny little hex set-screws that hold the blade to the motor shaft are tight. Otherwise the motor shaft may be spinning properly, but the gate is not properly attached so it cannot move. If it is still an issure I would check the driver chip to make sure it is seated properly in the logic board. Only after all this would I say it might be a bad motor.

Hope this helps.:)
  • if you still have a problem with the pan/tilt you could either have a bad driver chip or a bad stepper motor. 9 out of ten times i have had to replace the stepper motors when they cant re track there position. let us know if you got the problem fixed. also on the shutter it is common to see the screws come loose holding the shutter to the shaft. if not then sweep it with your hand to make sure its not hitting anything (bent) if its not then it is most likely the motor is bad.
  • Spring plunger tool is a needle nose vice grip.
    Im betting the motors are toast on both issues.
Related