No timecode?

InakiInaki Registered User
edited March 2007 in Wholehog Lighting Control
I've installed V 2.1.0 on my Hog III only to realize that my "View Timecode" button is shaded out now. Which...sucks for me.

I'm running a USB Timecode I/O but now I can't seem to have any control over it.

Any ideas?

Comments

• nibornibor Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited March 2007
    I have seen this, this week >> press choose + Pig > in the play back options make sure the time code source is on console and enable timecode then I was able to open timecode toolbar from the cue list
    button the network button was still grayed out

hope this helps

RD
  • InakiInaki Registered User
    edited March 2007
    I will give this a try....thank you.
  • davidfitwedavidfitwe Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited March 2007
    As long as you are in a list that has timecoded cues and timecode is set to the console, all you have to do is enable timecode on that list then the view timecode window will no longer be grayed out and you can turn it on, then just turn timecode back off till you need it.
  • teericksonteerickson Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited March 2007
    The View Timecode will be grayed out unless timecode is enabled for the playback and a valid timecode source is set on the options screen for the playback.

Are you sure both of these are set correctly?
    Does anything change if you disable and then re-enable timecode for the playback?

Thanks.
  • InakiInaki Registered User
    edited March 2007
    I understand I can see the timecode once I enable it. But I used to be able to hit the "View Timecode" button without having it enabled. Since some of our shows use various locate points, it was handy for me to be ably to view it without enablingit and accidentaly firing a cue.

Its fine, now I have to enable it, hit the "View..." button and then un-enable it, just gotta make sure I do it before anything locates.
  • davidfitwedavidfitwe Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited March 2007
    Ya I have to do the same thing. I always have to remind myself not to try and do it when we are doing click check. bit of a bugger, but very easy to live with. I just wish that the timecode window would show what timecode is coming into the console even if the window is closed. Ok that didn't make any since. What I mean is this.

Timecode window is closed. Sound tech does a click check, so timecode is coming into the HOG. click check is over and timecode is stopped, now I turn the timecode window on and it shows all 000000, as if nothing was ever coming into the console. Now that I have the window open and I run the showman locate, the window kicks in and shows time moving even if things are disengaged.