second editor

Can we get an update where it is more easy to see you have an second editor open.

I am thinking of another color (i know there are more threads about color usages on the desk but i'm still trying). If a color is still hard than make it flashing or lighter or darker, anything to make clear you are editing a cue / pallete

And a preference setting where you can choose the position where the new editor will open (external screen in my case)

Greetings

Frank Verbeek
Production Partners
  • Frank,

We currently display the name of the active editor on the command line toolbar between the current page and the currently chosen master. Would it help if we highlighted this cell if there are multiple editors open?

Windows, regardless of type, should always open where they had previously been opened. If you open a cue editor (or any other window), adjust its position, then close it, when you re-open that window it should appear where you had it last. Adding a preference for where windows open by default adds complexity, breaks our model for window management, and would probably need to address more than just editor windows. If you can make a case for this being necessary or give me some examples of how it would be useful, I'd be glad to open a feature request, but I don't think this would do much to make console operation easier. Feel free to disagree. Let me know what you think.

Thanks.
  • Tom,

i did try to move the window to repostion it on a external screen, didn't seem to work, but i'm gone give it another try next show. If this works than there is of course no need for an extra option to set the position of the second editor.

Is it a idea to enhance the open syntax in a way that when you hold open the softbuttons below the right screen show also screen 1 screen 2 external 1 and external 2. In this way using cue 1 open will open in the last position and using cue 1 (hold)open external2 will open the editor a single time on in this case external screen 2 ?? just a thought.....

A highlighted cell will help... anything to make it more clear that there are multiple editors will help. Is it an idea to make the clear button to flash / blink instead of full on ??
Related