(1618) Playback Priority

barnes2000barnes2000 Registered User, Hog Beta
edited May 2007 in v2.1.0
This seems like a result of the views upgrade, but when I select the arrow button on the playback priority of a cuelist, the priority continuosly changes (10, 20, 30, 40, 50) I can't set it to just 10. This happens when I go down as well. (50, 40, 30, 20, 10, 0, -10, -20...) I have trouble stopping this.

Comments

• cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff, Hog Beta
    edited March 2007
    Hey Scott,

This has actually been around for a while. We currently have bug #9177 logged for this issue where the Playback priority value scrolls to max/min value when clicked. It seems like this is more likely to occur when using the trackball/mouse to click on the priority arrows. Try using your finger on the touchscreen to change the priority. I would imagine this method won't give you problems. Hopefully we will get a fix for this issue soon. I will put your notes in the bug. Thanks for the report.
  • barnes2000barnes2000 Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited March 2007
    Interesting....I have never seen this issue over the four years I have had this console. Also, I am using fingers on the touchscreen, not the trackball.
  • AndrisAndris Registered User
    edited March 2007
    I have had this happen with both the mouse/trackball and touchscreen. I think I have only had it occur when I am networking two or more consoles together.
  • cmuenchowcmuenchow Registered User, Administrator, HES Staff, Hog Beta
    edited March 2007
    Very true Andris. This is 100% reproducable on a networked console but it also occurs on a standalone desk as I discovered today. Scott, were you working on a client desk when you saw this issue?
    edited March 2007
    Okay, yes. I have a HogPC networked to the console, but it was on the console that it happened.
  • AndrisAndris Registered User
    edited March 2007
    Yep, I had the same issue. I was programming on an IPC connected to a Hog3PC when I had that problem. The only way I could make it stop was to disconnect the networked PC, change the value, then reconnect. Not an efficient workaround, but it worked.
  • HillbillyHillbilly Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited March 2007
    Scott,

I remember seeing this in the build 100 days. This one has definately been around for a long time. It just seems to come and go. Looks like it's back.
    edited March 2007
    I haven't done alot of multi-console networking. That must be why I'm just now seeing it. Thanks for the tips.
  • rosswillrosswill Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited March 2007
    I'm seing this on my console build 1618. I have nothing else networked to it currently. I presume its s/w not a hardware fault?

Ross
  • teericksonteerickson Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited March 2007
    Ross,

This is almost certainly a software bug. I know that I've run into this a number of times as an operator since I bought my console 4 years ago. Networking multiple consoles seems to make the problem easier to reproduce, but it will definitely happen sometimes on a single desk.
  • jabadgerjabadger Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited March 2007
    Yes, very easy to produce:buttkick:
    teerickson said:
    Networking multiple consoles seems to make the problem easier to reproduce
    edited March 2007
    Tom,

Is there some reason why I can't change the priority using the key pad, and just type in the priority number I want? Then I wouldn't have to use the arrow buttons.
    edited March 2007
    I got to say, it seems this problem's getting worse. Now, I realize that I can't change the priority on some the cuelist I set. One of my cuelist had set itself to -30 on priority...if I was to try and reset it back to 0 or even a positive number, it would do it's little "bug out", and no matter where the priority settled at, when I closed the Options window, it would put itself back at -30. The only way to fix this was to rerecord the cuelist and not mess with the priority.
  • jabadgerjabadger Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited March 2007
    Arrrrrrrrgggghhhh, is the sound I made tonight while I was battling this again.

You'll find that you get to a point where you can't change the priority anymore and it usually ends up in the negative numbers. So the workaround if you get stuck in this predicament is to make a copy of the cuelist and then try and change the priority again. This seems to work each time. Delete the junky list.
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited May 2007
    Additionally this is also happening when trying to change the "Flash" %value for a flash-key with the arrows. It seems like the arrow gets stuck and isn't recognizing the release of the trackball button. However when typing in a value or using the touch-screen this isn't a problem here.

I am also seeing the Playback Priority problem with both trackball and touch-screen...unfortunately one cannot manually type in a value here so it is definitely more of an issue.
    edited May 2007
    Marty,

I'm seeing this affect the flash level controls on the cuelist options screen. I've added your comments to bug #9354.

Thanks.
  • LucianoLuciano Registered User
    edited May 2007
    I have never seen this problem till yesterday. I did create a personality file in the fixture builder earlier that day. Maybe that triggered something.

Luciano
    edited May 2007
    Luciano,

I would doubt that the issue with our value arrows is related to anything in the fixture builder. It seems to be a fairly isolated issue with our GUI.

Thanks.
    edited May 2007
    Ok so this is really starting to annoy me now. Can we please have a fix?!!!! I'm seeing no continuity in how and when this happens but it kept locking one of my 3 DP's and eventaully caused the desktop to crash on my show this week during programming.

Thanks Ross
    edited May 2007
    Ross,

The problem with the arrows scrolling values to their min or max has crashed your DPs and desktop?

I'd really like to hear more about this, because as far as I'm aware this problem is just an annoyance when using the arrows. It shouldn't be do anything that would cause a crash.
    edited May 2007
    Hi Tom,

I had multiple pages and I had the cuelist options open and used the next page function to quickly (or not) alter the priorities of each list on the same fader through my show. After a couple of page changes the desktop crashed and at least on one occaision I lost 1 out of 3 DP's.

Sorry I can't be more specific.

Ross
    edited May 2007
    Ross,

I now see exactly what you're talking about. Thanks for the good info.

It looks like this is happening for me when the priority arrow gets "stuck" down and I start to change pages. If I make sure that it's not stuck before I change page and I wait for the new list name to appear in the top of the options window, it doesn't seem to be crashing.

Thanks again.