Astronomical Clock

lightboylightboy Registered User
Anyone else having trouble with their astronomical clock after this new time change on a Hog2PC? The PC's clock is right...but the sunrise/sunset times are WAYYYYY off!!

Just curious... :) Any way to rectify this without riding values for the next few weeks?

Comments

• teericksonteerickson Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited March 2007
    Ryan,

Are the sunrise and sunset times displaying incorrectly in the 24 Hour Clock window, or are the triggers just firing at the wrong times?

Does your present time properly track the current time of the PC clock?

What are the current values for:
    Latitude
    Longitude
    Sunrise
    Sunset

Thanks.
  • lightboylightboy Registered User
    edited March 2007
    I took this data this morning. 18:12 is nowhere near sunset, the sun is nowhere near down. I have restarted the computer since, thinking that this might alleviate the problem...and still nothing.

COMPUTER CLOCK-8:41 (correct)

Hog2PC Data
    ----------------
    Presently: 8:41 (correct)
    Sunrise: 7:04
    Sunset: 18:12
    Latitude: 81 19' W
    Longitude: 28 32' N
    GMT: -5.0
    edited March 2007
    Ryan,

What operating system are you running? Do you have Windows XP or Vista? I'm not sure that earlier operating systems (Windows 95/98/ME) have support for the recent daylight savings time changes.

Have you applied all available updates for the recent daylight savings time changes?

Is the date set correctly?

I'm looking at Hog 2PC on Windows XP SP2, and for Orlando, FL it is showing me a sunrise time of 8:04 and a sunset time of 19:12. It looks to me like there's an issue here with daylight savings time.

I also took a look at this sunrise / sunset time calculator at the National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration web site:
    http://www.srrb.noaa.gov/highlights/sunrise/sunrise.html
    The times it gives me are slightly off from what I see in Hog 2PC, but they all seem to be off by less than 30 minutes.
  • lightboylightboy Registered User
    edited March 2007
    That was it. Our computer is not connected to the internet therefore didn't get the update. Simple resetting the computer clock time was not enough...the patch has to be installed! Thanks!
    edited March 2007
    Ryan,

You're very welcome.
    I'm glad to hear that you have everything working.
    Please let us know if there's anything else that you need.

Thanks.