Possibility to enter pallette name directly when recording

QueerdooQueerdoo Registered User
I ask for a function/setting to enter name to a pallette directly when i recording it.

Ex. Record [ColorPallette 1] and a popup shows there i type in the name, instead of Record [ColorPallette 1], [ColorPallette 1] Set.

I think this function should be optional in Preferences.

Comments

• teericksonteerickson Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited March 2007
    Magnus,

Are you aware of the QuickName feature of the Wholehog 3?

If you press Set immediately after recording a new object, regardless of type, it will bring up a QuickName dialog box to name that object. This works with views, cues, scenes, palettes, etc. and it should save you some time when creating new items.

I hope this helps.
  • QueerdooQueerdoo Registered User
    edited March 2007
    Oh, i missed that *stupid me*.... Thnx!
    edited March 2007
    No worries.

Let me know how it works out for you. If you're still feeling like the extra Set press is annoying, I'd be happy to log a request to add a preference that would cause the naming box to come up automatically.
  • amir877amir877 Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited March 2007
    Well...Tom Right but hes forgat to tell you someting thet may save you some more time.
    You can turn on the "use internal keyboard" option in the preference window thet bring you up the on screen keyboard immediately when you press Set so you don't need to press Set twich.
    But i think Tom don't mension this cuz he know that this option don't work on the new version !! (if i was Tom, i will be go to chack this out...:) )

Amir
    Danix.co.il
    Israel
  • QueerdooQueerdoo Registered User
    edited March 2007
    Amir, i don't like the internal keyboard at all... It take to much time to use it...
  • amir877amir877 Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited March 2007
    Ye...i don't like it to...
  • Kris.gKris.g Registered User
    edited March 2007
    Speaking of the internal keyboard.........
    When i've had to use it, it;s a bit of a hassle having to press caps then the letter then caps again to enter a capital letter.

How about a shift button, that you press once and it stays down untill you press another letter then pops back up automaticly.

When doing a show with many a pallet and lots of cues, this could be a wee time saver.

Kris.
  • Marty PostmaMarty Postma Registered User
    edited March 2007
    Kris.g wrote:
    Speaking of the internal keyboard.........
    When i've had to use it, it;s a bit of a hassle having to press caps then the letter then caps again to enter a capital letter.

How about a shift button, that you press once and it stays down untill you press another letter then pops back up automaticly.

Kris,

You can already do this....hold down Pig while typing to get caps;)
    edited March 2007
    Thanks Marty........
    I didnt know that.

Kris.
    edited March 2007
    Kris,

We have recently made a number of changes to the internal keyboard that will definitely make it easier to use. One of these changes was the addition of shift keys. You should see this feature in an upcoming software release.

Thanks.
    edited March 2007
    Nice one tom :)

I noticed earlier on today that i;m not able to use make the [_] on the current release of the software using an extarnal keyboard.

But I think this has already been mentioned in the forums.

Kris.
  • jxgriffijxgriffi Registered User, DL Beta, Hog Beta
    edited March 2007
    You are correct....the Badger-san put that one out.

J
    edited March 2007
    Kris,

You are correct. The problem with the underscore (_) is logged as bug #10535.

Thanks.