Ussing Blind Mode.

I have tried using blind mode numerouse times to attempt to
create another look and or affect so that no one can see it till i execute the new looks or effect. however whenever i hit blind mode
all the fixtures go dark. What can i do? Thanks Again......

Amber.
  • Also Can someone please explain to me how to create Macros.

Thanks Again.

Amber.....
  • Amber just remember that anytime you enter the blind mode, fixtures that are in the programmer fade out.
    Just make sure that the look you have on stage is attached to an active fader or virtual cuelist or scene. If so when you enter the blind mode your output on stage won't change. As you are in blind mode start editing your look the way you want it and and when you're done exit the blind mode. values in the programmer will appear live on stage. If you want to fade in your changes kind of smoothly try to use the "fade changes" option available in the programmer or you can use the combination [pig] [Blind] to gracefully fade in your new values.
    Macros as a recorded sequence of key strokes have not been implemented yet. What we do have now is comment macros.
    In every cuelist or scene anytime you select the comment field and press set a drop down menu with available comment macros pops up.
    Choose one of the options you have and here you go.
    example:GL2/10t30 stands for go list 2 cue 10 in 30 seconds.
    Hope this helps.
    Marco:hogsign:
  • Hey

Try this:
    1) Press Go to cue 1 ( lets say that you have now 5 studio color @ full on Red)

2) Press Blind

3) Take the studio colours and give them a diffarent colour, let say Blue...
    (the output now will be 5 studio color @ full on Red, even if you change the colour to Blue, cuz you hit blind)

4) Press Blind

now only when you hit blind again the colour of the Studio Color will change to Blue.

* and about the macro, as Marco sey, press set on the Macro field in the cuelist window and you will see a list pop-up and choose from it what you want.
    It's not a Hog II Macro so you can't do so much with it but its nice for some shows.

Amir
    Danix.co.il
    Israel
  • Also you can push Pig+Blind this will fade into the programmer or fade out of the programmer.
    At this time you can not make cuelist macros,
    You can only have comment macros. Comment macros are placed in you cuelist/cue under the comment colum.
  • Amber,

It looks like you've already had some good responses, but I want to clarify a few things.

First, the Wholehog 3 allows you to have multiple editors active at any time. The default editor is the programmer, but you can also open editors for cues, scenes, and palettes. The currently active editor will have its edit toolbar button pressed and its name will be displayed on the command line toolbar.

When you press Blind, it toggles the blind state of the active editor. When an editor is in blind, it will not output any of its contents to stage. This means that if everything that you have on stage is coming from your active editor, when you press blind everything will return to default values, including 0% intensity. If you have a look on stage that is coming from the playback of cues and scenes, when you press blind all of the changes in your active editor will be removed from the stage output and you should be looking at the look that was built with playback(s).

As folks have mentioned above, we have not yet implemented the Wholehog 2 style of keystroke macros. We do have an extensive comment macro system that can be used to handle common tasks. Comment macros can be associated with any cue or scene (even if it doesn't have fixtures recorded in it). Just open the cuelist window, select the comment macro cell for a cue, and press Set. This will bring up a list of available comment macros.

I hope this helps to clear things up. Please feel free to let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks.
Related