a few quick questions about cybers

jleiningerjleininger Registered User
edited May 2007 in HES Automated Lighting
we have just purchased some used cyberlight cl's and I am trying to get them set up.

question #1. It is my understanding that the fixtures wakeup ie lamp strike home everything when dmx is applied. is this true ? or isthere a way to remotely strike the lamp?

question #2. When I tell the fixture to shut down from the board (Hog ipc)
the only thing that happens is the shutter closing and blocking out the bulb. Is there a way to shut it down completely from the board ? or do I have to un plug the fixtures from the dmx chain to get them to shut down?

thanks in advance

Comments

• Woodj32177Woodj32177 Registered User
    edited March 2007
    As emiliano is trying to tell you,
    In the manual, there is a specific sequence of dimmer manipulation that has to be done in addition to the standard shutter at 0 and setting the control channel
    The manual explains this..
    Let us know if you have any further questions.
    Joshua Wood
  • jleiningerjleininger Registered User
    edited March 2007
    So in reading the shut down instructions, would this procedure not be automated from the HOG IPC when I select fixture shut down from the control menu?
  • Emiliano MorgiaEmiliano Morgia Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited March 2007
    jleininger wrote:
    So in reading the shut down instructions, would this procedure not be automated from the HOG IPC when I select fixture shut down from the control menu?

no emoticon-0106-crying.gif

that's the way the old great good Cyb work ...
  • PuffyfishPuffyfish Registered User
    edited March 2007
    no emoticon-0106-crying.gif

that's the way the old great good Cyb work ...

Tis true. There was no true shutdown command.:nono: Doooh!

#1 Yes!
    #2 Turn off the console. After 10 min auto-shutdown takes place.
    After 20 min shut down power.
    * leaving power on all the time is not a good idea.
  • teericksonteerickson Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited March 2007
    Joel,

Sending control commands from any console running the Wholehog 3 operating system just sends a fixed set of values. It isn't currently capable of sending a sequence of commands. This functionality has been logged as a feature request, but has not yet been implemented.

For now, I would suggest making palettes for each step of the shutdown process and possibly even building a cuelist that has the steps and wait times to run automatically. You can then fire this list directly from the command line or the cuelist directory.

I hope this helps.
  • TimMillerTimMiller Registered User
    edited May 2007
    some where I have a disk that has a macro for shutting down the cybers. Makes things much easier.