Library Merge

rbrighamrbrigham Registered User, Hog Beta
In my shows, I have Studio Spot 250s, Technobeam Iris and Tech HIs. If I merge a new version of the fixture library into an showfile containing these fixture, the slot lables show wrong. I have had this issue before, and tried again this week. I tried to go from library v4.0.226 to v.4.0.263, but no luck.

-Bob Brigham

Comments

• teericksonteerickson Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited March 2007
    Bob,

Can you tell me a bit more about what's wrong with the labels?

Is the problem with colours, gobos, or both?
    Are the names incorrect, or just in the wrong order?
    When you select a slot, does it go to the center of one of the slots, or does it appear to be sending completely incorrect DMX?
    How do the cues that you had created before the merge look when you play them back now?

Thanks.
  • rbrighamrbrigham Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited March 2007
    Hi Tom.

It's just a problem with the labels. The correct amount of slots appear, and they make the light function properly (slot 1 bring up gobo1, for example). The labeling is very random, seems to be pulling lables from other fixtures and other attributes.

I have had this issue for a while, but I chalked it up to a really old showfile and library. Three weeks ago I created a new showfile with current OS/library and this week tried to merge in the new library, and again found the problem.

-Bob Brigham
  • teericksonteerickson Registered User, HES Alumni
    edited March 2007
    Bob,

I've been able to duplicate this prorblem and I've opened bug #10529 for the issue. I've also added your comments to the defect.

Thanks.