DL.2 v1.3.2 Released!

We have just released verion 1.3.2 of the DL.2 Software today.

This version adds a number of new effects and improvements to the software.

The Press Release for information about new features in this software are located at: www.highend.com/news_events/news/news_detail.asp?news_id=379

The full Release Notes and Software are available at: www.highend.com/support/digital_lighting/DL2andAxonSoftwareUpgrades.asp
  • Scott,
    Having difficulty updating one DL-2 unit to the new 1.3.2.110 firmware.
    Ended up rolling back to the previous version. CMA indicates that the Software Update 1.3.2.1268 is there but the firmware update (1.3.2.110 ) is not (indicating older version). Also have network "Activity" and "link" indicators flashing as the firwmware tries to update. Fixture indicates "fail" when completed. Rebooted a number of times and I can get proper operation with the older version of firmware and software.
    Any suggestions.
    Thanks
  • We recently came across the same problem here in the office and are working to figure out what is going on as we speak.

One thing you can try is loading the new software and if the firmware fails, try power cycling the unit once or twice. Has seemed to help here in the office.

More info once we know what is happening.

Thanks,
  • Excellent, No problem. At least we are not crazy.
    I'll attempt one more time, if not we'll just roll back to the previous version until further notice.
    Would you recommend rolling back and installing the older version before trying the update again or updating from the current point "failed"again after power down. Just inquiring if that will make any difference.
    Thanks
  • Update (just an F.Y.I)
    Interesting thing occured when we went to try to re install the software.
    The unit was in the same state outline in my last thread. CMA indicating the same also when we came back to the units. Closed the CMA program and re-opened the program. The fixture did a re-home (yolk paned and head tilted, just the fixture we have been having this issue with). The second unit server information appeared as usual and it took another 3 to 4 minutes for the the server information on this first unit that we have been having problems with to appear on the CMA. The firmware information indicated the older version for about 30 seconds and then switch to the updated new version (1.3.2.110)
    Network status indicators both switchd off. Fixture seems to be working properly now. We never had the CMA activate a home process on the fixture when opening the program. Regardless we will run the fixture through it's paces after lunch and I will post a thread to its status.
    Thanks
  • I've seen some strange lags happen when updates are sent while a fixture is recieving DMX. As long as 10-15 minutes after the code is sent.

After a fixture finishes loading its' new software it will re-home even if the power is cycled to the unit...it will just start over. So maybe this is what you were seeing?:confused:

Do you have the same issues when your DMX cables are unplugged?

Also are you running the fixtures to CMA off a switch? If so is it a Gigabit, or a slower one?

And forgive me for asking because I've sen it before....are you using pre-fab Cat5 cables or did you try and make them yourself?
  • Marty,
    Thanks for your response. Some answers to your questions
    We are using a Gigabit switch with the CMA. Also we are using Belden 7924A Cable in which we have fabricated for use with these units.
    We have also ran into another issue specific to this fixture. We have had no problems with the other unit.
    This same unit in which we had the problem uploading the new software with also will not totally come online on power up.
    Upon boot up the display indicates the High End Logo and then goes blank. We only have control of pan and tilt but cannot access the graphics engine.
    The units were hung from a truss in the shop for programming. We ended up taking the unit down and flipping over on it's base. We now have control of the unit. We powered down the unit once again and now have the same problem in reverse. Checked all our settings in the CMA for display flip ect.
    (all settings are the same between the 2 units on the CMA, only this one unit is giving us fits) Any suggestions on a course of action we can take before opening the unit? Heading back to the shop to see how things are progressing with the programmer and if they have any other issues after the weekend.
    Thanks
  • When you lose access to the graphics engine, do you still have a menu, or is the LCD screen blank as well?

One thing to check is the state of the external RGBHV relays. Either in the menu under the SET -> PROJECTOR tab or in the CMA, cycle the 'Projector Input" setting from Internal to External and back to Internal again. Some times the relays will get out of sync with their menu setting and need to be run through this cycle to get every set straight.

Another thing to try if you can't get any output from the graphics engine is the self test video patterns. Turning on the patterns and setting them to pattern two should show you all three layers and a background color.
  • Matt,
    The LCD Screen is blank.
    The unit is currently up and running correctly as we speak but the screen is still blank. It seems to come and go as it pleases. It has a bit of backlight so it has not totally lost power to the screen.
    I will try your suggested proceedure with the relays if I can get it to act up again and try to continue to find some type of consistancy to the issue.
    Thanks
  • Do what Matt suggests first...I have seen a few times where the External/Internal relay gets stuck.

It is also probably worth while checking all the connections to the computer inside the top-box. If you are seeing intermittant signal to the menu screen it could be as simple as a loose connection somewhere in the wire-harness as well (look at the video connectors from the S-video I/O plug).

You also might want to pull out the comptuer and re-seat the video card (i.e. pull it out and then put it back in).
  • Oh yeah....if you do open up the computer, check and see what video card you have installed. All the new DL.2s have the ATI RADEON X1900XT, but the older ones have the ATI RADEON X850XT (I think I have my model ##s right). The main thing is they use different DVI ports on the card to send graphics output to the projector.

Older Video Card: ATI Radeon X850XT
    - Use DVI port farthest from motherboard (Top plug if on its' base)

Newer Video Card: ATI Radeon X1900XT
    - Use DVI port closest to motherboard (Bottom plug if on its' base)