Novaflower Library incorrect

rosswillrosswill Registered User, Hog Beta
fixture = Nova
manufacturer = 117
product = 1
name = Nova Flower

As currently available in the library downloader application:

Cyan and Magenta are the wrong way around, and the color default needs to be zero because at 80 it overides both the the intensity and cym channels.

Regards Ross

Comments

• justinpmajustinpma Registered User
    edited February 2007
    can't the default set it back to zero on the 'edit fixture window'?

you mean the Cyan Magenta percentage works opposite around?
  • rosswillrosswill Registered User, Hog Beta
    edited February 2007
    Yes of course the user can edit the fixture on the console. The problem is that unless the user is experienced with this fixture they will not understand why it is outputting light and is not controllable by the intensity channel or grand master, or why the color mixing does not work. This could lead to all kinds of confusion I think.

On the color mixing side what is labelled Magenta is in fact Cyan and vice versa.

Ross
    edited February 2007
    I have already made alittle changes on the profile.
    would you like me to send it to you thru email?
    its fairly simple.

open then '_LIB' with notepad and change the 'default = 80' to 'default = 0' under the color paremeter.

and for the magenta cyan , open the 'FUNCTION' with notepad too
    . you will see >
    Magenta = c
    Cyan = c
    just switch the position to become like, with cyan on top of magenta.
    Cyan = c
    Magenta = c

it should work fine now.
    edited February 2007
    Hi Justin,

Thanks for your help but think you misunderstand. I'm familiar with the library structure, in fact I have been writing lib files for Flying Pig over the years for inclusion into the ROM library. The issue is that if you go to the HES Library Downloader webpage and create a lib file/show disk the one which is generated is incorrect, and therefore will not work with the fixture. This is the file which needs updating.

To further clarify the Cyan and Magenta details need changing in the lib file not the function.txt file as it is the dmx mapping and not the wheel set layout which needs changing.
    Regards,

Ross
    edited February 2007
    i see,
    so normally how do you edit the profile to change back the cyan and magenta?
    beside building the profile over again.
    I would love to know more about the structure of a profile.
    edited February 2007
    Most of it is well documented actually. Please find the relevent chapter attached.

Regards,

Ross
  • MitchMitch Registered User, HES Staff
    edited February 2007
    Hello, the library has been changed and the correct one is on the web site. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.